Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40

Samson,

The elite will have enough elevation for adjustment out to 1000yds. That bullet case combo should use about 20 to 24 min to get from 100yds to 1000yds.

Here is how you set up your scope. Start by shooting at 100 yds. Zero the scope. Now find out how much more "down" adjustment you have. Let's assume that it is 10min of down. You will need to shim your scope (burris rings or base) by 0.010" or thereabouts. Amount will vary depending on distance between rings but this will get you in the ballpark.

Now when you are zeroed at 100yds, your scope is at full down. You will have about 24 to 30min of up elevation to go out to 1000yds.

If for whatever reason, there is not enough elevation for the 190MK, switch to a Hornady 180 or 165SST. The higher vel and BC will make the trip in under 24mins for sure.

As to the concern about optical quality at full adjustment, I have not noticed any degradation in the Elites and other Japanese scopes that I have used. That might have been a problem in older/inferior designs or scopes that use inferior glass.

The image of the Elites stay the same through its range of adjustments.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks for the help. I dont know what I would do without this site. This will sure make my wife happy, when I tell her I may not need a new scope.

We are all happy to help. We want to grow this sport and make it affordable too.

Over the years we have tried just about everything that is one the market. What you find is that there is good stuff and crap, irregardless of the money. In fact, there is some very expensive crap.

Feel free to post your questions and do take the time to look through the archives. The info there is amazing, current, and works.

Do try those Hornady bullets (Amax and SST). I think you will find their performance equal if not better then the 190gr MK. H4831SC, H1000 would be good powder choices, lit by a LR reg match primer (Fed 210M, CCI BR2). Lee Collet neck die to size, and a bullet seater that loads straight.

Jerry

Attention Admins: Please Delete

Attention Admins: Please Delete

Last edited:
Let's hope they solve the optics problem with the 20X. I got one a while back and the optics can be best described as horrid. The 10X version was pretty good.

If Bushnell reads this, I hope that you can tweaked the optical quality with some Elite 4200 magic. Then the tactical scope market will be yours.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.