Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50mm Opinions?

teddy12b

I'm on the fence about buying this scope. For the most part I usually buy scopes in the $300 or less range and they have served me very well. Now I'm thinking of taking it up a notch and I'd like a scope in the range of 24x or more. For the money this seems to be the best scope that has that level of power.

Any thoughts, opinions, recommendations?

I've been using one on my 700 in 7mm mag and it has been working flawlessly. It has been holding zero and tracking has been spot on. Very clear and no fogging problems. Get one!

The part that makes me nervous is the clarity on 24x. Other than that I'm sold on the scope.

Look at Cabela's reviews on the Bushnell Elite 4200. Most of the people seem happy with them but there are quite a few that are very unhappy with them. I was perusing them because I too was interested in the scope but I'm thinking that they must have a quality control problem from some of the comments posted on Cabela's website. For the same money you could get a Nikon Monarch or a Minox from cameralandny.com. That's how I would spend my money.

Cross

I looked up the reviews on Cabelas. They didn't have the 4200 6-24 model I'm looking at. I looked for the Nikon Monarchs also, but the only ones that were 6-24x didn't have the mildot reticle or the 1/4 moa adjustments.

I did see some good monarchs on ebay for used prices though.

Here's a review on the scope from SniperCentral.

Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50mm Tactical Rifle Scope

You may want to consider waiting until the Vortex Viper comes out. Should be sometime this month. Supposed to be a very good scope.

I've read that one several times now and it's a great review. It's the only review of it's kind for that scope though that I've read. Thanks for posting it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.