Bushing dies for a 243win?

Skinny Shooter

I've done some searching and didn't find the answers I'm looking for.
Am going to reload for a Model 12 Savage in 243win with winchester brass and no neck turning. Want to keep things as simple as possible.
Have been using RCBS Neck sizers for years and the runout at times could be better. I'd seat a bullet in an RCBS seater die and turn the loaded round a quarter turn and run it back into the die again to minimize runout.
Am thinking about a Redding Type S die set like this: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=227507
Is there an expander button on the Type S decapping pin? If so, it doesn't seem to make sense to have a bushing set your neck tension and then have a button pulled up through the neck.
I have a Lee collet die for a 222 and never seem to get consistent neck sizing pressure.
thanks

Do your neck dies have an expander???
If so remove it and then try sizing.
Is your concentricity fine at the shoulder but worse at the bullet, same at both???
If you are picky i think id try lapua brass before I bought new dies.
Redding comp dies do not come with a button but they are avail. I always but a button so I can smooth out the necks of new brass with only the button. Then I remove the button and sizes the necks or brass. Also depending, I only size about 1/8" of the necks on fired brass for better fit.
I have heard that you can also try screwing the die into the press with an o rig in between or snugging the die down while agains the ram to try and help concentricity.

Robbor, I don't have a die set for the 243 and am trying to find out if the Type S dies are any better than or worth the money over standard RCBS dies.
That's good they don't use the button to open up the neck.
As far as the other calibers I reload for, some brass comes out more concentric than others. Figured the OOC brass is due to uneven neck wall thickness. Don't want to neck turn and thought a bushing die would help.
When using RCBS for the 222, most every brass is awful. Got a collet die and the problem cleared up. Don't feel consistent with the sizing pressure needed for a longer distance caliber than the 222.
Should I just buy a standard RCBS neck-sizer to use with Lapua brass?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.