BURRIS Eliminator 6 WOW!

I always wonder about the durability of sensitive electronics under the force of heavy recoil. Cold solder joints and circuit card delamination, etc after time. I've had a few illuminated reticles go wonky.
That's why the scopes themselves have a lifetime warranty and the electronics generally 1-2 year warranty!

Us old farts that can barely answer our cell phones won't be buying one.
Well Bucky, I'm 81 and likely will get a "6". I find it easy to program on the phone app and very easy to use - far better than messing around with a KESTREL 5700 Elite weather meter/ballistic engine and a pair of laser range finding binoculars.
Can you make a 400 -600 yard shots while accounting for temperature, station pressure, inclination, spin drift and wind while ranging with LRF binoculars?? (That 600 yard shot is on antelope, FYI.)

Well Bucky, I'm 81 and likely will get a "6". I find it easy to program on the phone app and very easy to use - far better than messing around with a KESTREL 5700 Elite weather meter/ballistic engine and a pair of laser range finding binoculars.
Can you make a 400 -600 yard shots while accounting for temperature, station pressure, inclination, spin drift and wind while ranging with LRF binoculars?? (That 600 yard shot is on antelope, FYI.)
I would hope everyone on here could easily make that shot with a simple lrf range and a ballistic app.

Spin dirt at 500 is nothing to be concerned about at all. No more than .25. Some of this is stuff is basic and some people rely way to heavily on gadgets to tell us what to do. For ultimate precision we need the most amount of data we can get of course and I encourage it as well. I ise range finding bino's with a ballistic program. Simple view, range, observe dial up, dial scope, hold for wind and send it. I rarely use a wind meter but I have pack it. Technology is great as long as it's not a crutch is all I am really saying. I use it, not opposed to it.

Yup....and those don't Freeze do they! Electronics are great in warm weather aren't they!!
Back up is no good when it's frozen too....and it only takes minutes not hours in cold weather. Mind you if you only hunt in Above 0 weather it's no problem.... unfortunately for those of us spending half our hunting season in -30...nothing without a plug in auxiliary battery ( 20,000 MHA +) lasts as long as it takes to get it out of the truck!
Our trucks are plugged in with battery warmers or block heaters.....or.... both!😊
Who are you trying to kid here. It's not minus 30 for half our hunting season. Maybe a week max. Usually it get cold first week of Dec after the season closes everywhere but on wainwright. Most years there is barely any snow. You're not walking around either when it gets minus 30. If you do, you're a fool. You're in a heated blind or in your truck.

Back up is no good when it's frozen too....and it only takes minutes not hours in cold weather. Mind you if you only hunt in Above 0 weather it's no problem.... unfortunately for those of us spending half our hunting season in -30...nothing without a plug in auxiliary battery ( 20,000 MHA +) lasts as long as it takes to get it out of the truck!
Our trucks are plugged in with battery warmers or block heaters.....or.... both!😊
Can swap batteries and put them in an inside pocket. Pretty easy

Who are you trying to kid here. It's not minus 30 for half our hunting season. Maybe a week max. Usually it get cold first week of Dec after the season closes everywhere but on wainwright. Most years there is barely any snow. You're not walking around either when it gets minus 30. If you do, you're a fool. You're in a heated blind or in your truck.
You must be one of the Fair Weather hunters and there is nothing wrong with that...but I am not...nor am I a Fool..
We hunt late season so folks like you are out of the fields and off the roads...it's a whole new success level...Moose draw started Nov 01 last year...three cow Elk tags for December draw, and three cow Elk tags for January draw...so my hunting season 90 days is well below -30 more often than not....this year December was Awesome weather...but has only happened twice in my 50 years hunting that I can remember! And opinions are just like A--holes...we all have one...you are entitled to yours ( unless you are calling me a fool)

You must be one of the Fair Weather hunters and there is nothing wrong with that...but I am not...nor am I a Fool..
We hunt late season so folks like you are out of the fields and off the roads...it's a whole new success level...Moose draw started Nov 01 last year...three cow Elk tags for December draw, and three cow Elk tags for January draw...so my hunting season 90 days is well below -30 more often than not....this year December was Awesome weather...but has only happened twice in my 50 years hunting that I can remember! And opinions are just like A--holes...we all have one...you are entitled to yours ( unless you are calling me a fool)
Electronic durability is legit issue for some. Late season hunters in some areas are just tough folks. I hunt all winter for predators and when it's approaching zero I'm questioning my desire. It doesn't get that cold here tho. 15-30 is very common and my thermal range finder doesn't last long and sometimes won't even turn on. My bino's work, my thermals work, but I've seen a pile of other gadgets not work too great. Doesn't matter anyway, electronic scopes are a no go here for big game hunting.

lol who are you trying to impress here. Let me guess… you live in Calgary.. I live in Edmonton, and I hunt from manning to Conklin to Medicine Hat to Canmore. It wasn't that cold. It's cold for a week at a time. Then it's fine. Lithium batteries are fine in alberta conditions. I know this because I use them on a daily basis year round. I work outside….. cow elk tags…. Come on, really???

lol who are you trying to impress here. Let me guess… you live in Calgary.. I live in Edmonton, and I hunt from manning to Conklin to Medicine Hat to Canmore. It wasn't that cold. It's cold for a week at a time. Then it's fine. Lithium batteries are fine in alberta conditions. I know this because I use them on a daily basis year round. I work outside….. cow elk tags…. Come on, really???
You don't like Cow Elk....as you get older you realize that the meat of cow tastes better than the Horns on a Bull!😊... although....the Horns do look better on a wall and last longer than a steak!

You don't like Cow Elk....as you get older you realize that the meat of cow tastes better than the Horns on a Bull!😊... although....the Horns do look better on a wall and last longer than a steak!
You do know It takes next to no skill to hunt late season cow elk.

WOW! Lmao 🤣.....best we leave this here! And we even know each other now that I see your picture.....lol!
I have nothing to hide. I'm just here to set straight the difference between fiction and reality 🤷‍♂️

These scopes could be pretty handy. I have a Swarovski ds that is probably going to be going to Tajikistan for a Marco Polo and 2 ibex this winter. These Burris scopes have all of the same features. Being able to range and get a fast, accurate solution can make the difference between success and failure, or even worse, wounding an animal

I have nothing to hide. I'm just here to set straight the difference between fiction and reality 🤷‍♂️

These scopes could be pretty handy. I have a Swarovski ds that is probably going to be going to Tajikistan for a Marco Polo and 2 ibex this winter. These Burris scopes have all of the same features. Being able to range and get a fast, accurate solution can make the difference between success and failure, or even worse, wounding an animal
Couldn't agree more...I just don't trust battery powered items in the cold is all my point is...alot of money spent and great for southern climates...just think if you lost that animal to a failed red dot because you were relying on its reading.....and it went out!