Burris eliminator 3 on hunting rig

MontanaOutdoorsman406

I did a few searches on the forums about the scope and found a review were the guy stated he was a sceptic on how the scope would perform and was surprised by its accuracy I have been thinking of getting this scope and I know it has some downside s such as the glass is subpar at high magnification and it is limited by the laser just wanted some thoughts on the scope scope will be used for hunting 90% of the time the speed and accuracy of the scope sounds interesting for hunting.

Might want to check your State's regulations on Optics. I think Montana might not allow the use of the eliminator for big game hunting. I owned one and, to me, it was not practical in hunting situations. If you shoot prone and have any blade of grass near by, you will not get a range or ballistic solution. If there is snow, rain, or fog just forget it; all you will get is a blinking reticle. I was very disappointed and traded it away.

Might want to check your State's regulations on Optics. I think Montana might not allow the use of the eliminator for big game hunting. I owned one and, to me, it was not practical in hunting situations. If you shoot prone and have any blade of grass near by, you will not get a range or ballistic solution. If there is snow, rain, or fog just forget it; all you will get is a blinking reticle. I was very disappointed and traded it away.
agree. But don't rangefinders have issues in those same conditions? If you cant use a rangefinder you cant shoot anyways.

agree. But don't rangefinders have issues in those same conditions? If you cant use a rangefinder you cant shoot anyways.
Any laser is going to be limited by environmentals and the ability to get an unobstructed view of the target but those with the tightest beam have the fewest problems. It's always wise to take several readings to narrow down the errors.

There's still a lot of truth in the old "you get what you pay for with rangefinders" line but the Sig's seem to perform well above their price point.

Yes all range finders struggle in difficult conditions. The main issue with the eliminator is it causes you to put all your eggs in one basket. If it doesn't give a range it also doesn't give a drop solution. In my experience the range finder on the eliminator was not as good at getting a range as my bushnell arc1500, which I have since replaced with the sig kilo that is far better! I like the concept of the eliminator but it just didn't deliver the performance I was hoping.

Yes all range finders struggle in difficult conditions. The main issue with the eliminator is it causes you to put all your eggs in one basket. If it doesn't give a range it also doesn't give a drop solution. In my experience the range finder on the eliminator was not as good at getting a range as my bushnell arc1500, which I have since replaced with the sig kilo that is far better! I like the concept of the eliminator but it just didn't deliver the performance I was hoping.
Tim which model Kilo are you running? My old Leupold is still getting the job done but I'm considering getting another just so I have one in each truck?

I've been impressed with the Sig's I've had my hands on and those were all first generation.

I bought the kilo 2000 when it was first available and it has been awesome! I was going to replace it with the 2200 when it came out. A good friend replaced his Leica 1600b with the 2200 and we spent a couple days comparing the two. Honestly I don't see any difference in the performance of the 2000 and 2200 other than the reticle on the 2200. I have not put my hands on the 2400 AB but have a friend that has one and has had a vectronix terrapin for a couple years and his sig 2400 out does the terrapin!

I bought the kilo 2000 when it was first available and it has been awesome! I was going to replace it with the 2200 when it came out. A good friend replaced his Leica 1600b with the 2200 and we spent a couple days comparing the two. Honestly I don't see any difference in the performance of the 2000 and 2200 other than the reticle on the 2200. I have not put my hands on the 2400 AB but have a friend that has one and has had a vectronix terrapin for a couple years and his sig 2400 out does the terrapin!
That's pretty impressive, thanks. Sorry for the diversion.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.