%$#%^&@%$#@ BULLET PULLERS

DONTSTROKEME

I have now borrowed two bullet pullers and I have broken both RCBS plastic pullers. This last one the tightening nut broke on a 22-250, after pulling 3 30-06!!! Why do they do that? Make a plastic hitting tool? Any who trying to see if there is a metalic one made and also if RCBS has any kind of a warrenty? What do you all use to pull bullets?

Joe Oakes

Got one of those cheap plastic hammer type ones. So far its indestrucible, used it for everything that needs beating on, not only as a bullet puller. Doesn't have a name on it.

My plastic one is 30+ and used on everything from 270 Win to 338 RUM and bunches in between.

Until I learned to kind of snap it instead of using it like a roofing hammer the handle looked like a snake but it held together.

Name on handle says QUINETICS Corp. San Antonio.

HTH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have the same model as Roy. Used it with no problems and great results for over 10 years. I have not been happy with anything from RCBS in the past couple years.

I've broken 1 of each, the RCBS and the QUINETICS. I used the Quinetics for a couple years before I slammed it down and powder and bullet went everywhere, the top busted off...Same thing happened with the RCBS, only it happened after a couple months of use. I was thinking the same thing, why do they make these things out of cheap *** plastic??? All they do is break...I still haven't bought another one, I dont see a reason too, **** things just gonna break again...I just load up what I need to, and be real carefull. Shooting them is much more fun anyways...

Hey stroker, im thinkin they make dont make them out of metal cause' hitting metal to metal would make sparks, ignighting the cartridge. SO thats my guess why their made of plastic.
I personally have broke one RCBS bullet puller. I know why i did it too. I tightened it down too much then hit it. I have found if you leave them loose, but not too loose. It prevents it from cracking.

[ QUOTE ]
That settles it...I am ordering the Hornady Puller.
Does anyone know if the RCBS has a warranty?
Joe Oakes

[/ QUOTE ]

RCBS does have a warranty. I have the RCBS collet puller - I bought it over 30 years ago. Back then, the collets were well machined and smooth inside the bore.

Current one are very rough and I have to polish them with #800 carbide paper.

If I was to do it all over again, I would not get the RCBS anymore.

DONE

Just went to the local RCBS dealer with a warranty printout from the RCBS website and got a new one for my buddy. He thanked me for the brand new puller!!!!!

Now to buy the Hornady one. It will probably get a equipment review on this site, everyone on midway.com loved it.

Thanks alot
Joe Oakes

I too had the RCBS plastic bullet puller. It broke after about 10 tries. I called RCBS and they sent me a new one. I did buy the RCBS bullet puller that you mount in your press and buy the collets for your caliber. That was the way to go the plastic puller was 9.99 and the collet was 14.99 at sportsman warehouse.

Take care Aaron

I've got the Hornady collet type puller and it works great. It usually doesn't even leave a mark on the bullet. Don't waste your money on the all the collets. Buy the 6mm,270, and the 30 caliber collets and you can every bullet in between 6mm and 30 cal with those 3 collets if I remember right.

I have had the RCBS for close to 20 yrs and have never had a problem. I bought the Foster after I bought my 338 RUM back in 2001.

JD338

Recent Posts