bullet prices and availability

BountyHunter

You can forget the 210 Berger for awhile. No one has any, seems that there is an issue with the die and a whole lot of bad bullets out there.

Lead just went up to $1.83 a pound and minimum buy is a ton and a half to get that according to couple bullet makers.

Sierra is up 18% and possibly higher but their 200 SMK is one of the best LR bullets out there and looks like it is going to be the "go to" bullet for many of the 1k competitors until the bullet fiasco clears up.

Swampy at JLK is having issues with his 210s also.

bottom line is the 210 bullets are out of the circuit right now and what is there is strongly suspect to say the least. They are spinning like lopsided tops on the Juenkes with many of the available bullets and prices are through the roof.

SMK 240s are still good, but lot higher also.

BH

Bountyhunter

What about the 210 SMK??

Glad I finally got my order of Clinch rivers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now I just need some time!!

What 30 cal bullets is coming from wildcat bullets ??

CAM

Clinch Rivers are now $50 per 1000 as of Nov.

Got to really look on the 210 SMKs, some good lots and some all over from what I have heard. The 300 SMKs always have to be sorted by ogive.

The Juenke is built by Vern Juenke and formaly called the Internal Concentricity Comparator (ICC)and uses ultrasonic waves to measure internal concentricity.

BH

If the CRs are $50 per 1000... I need to stock up!!!
With the general trend of the metals market these days... I think theres a lot of stuff we use thats gonna get awfully expensive!

or maybe to keep you from seating too deep?
Couldn't resist when I saw the typo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.