Bullet Options for 6.8 Western

Yakcountry

On the hunt for some bullets for my 6.8 Western and hunting elk. Even if finding components wasn't a problem, curious what everyone is shooting for Bullets. I would love to shoot Barnes, but haven't found anything from them yet. As everyone knows, there's very few options for the 6.8, but would love to know what everybody is shooting.

Sierra Game King - 175gr
Hammer Hunter - 168gr/162gr
Nosler Accubond LR - 165gr
Berger EOL - 170gr

What am I missing?

-Yak

Late reply, but if you like the barnes you could try badlands precision. They have a 140gr .277 bullet that would go nicely if you want the higher BC.
There's a large thread on here detailing their performance, I haven't seen anything bad so far. I shoot the 128gr with my 270wsm but haven't had a chance to test terminal performance.

I'll have to check out the Badlands Precision stuff; I hadn't heard of them. It'd be really nice to get as much umf out of the 6.8 by utilizing the 160+gr bullets, but unfortunately, I don't think the cartridge is taking off like Browning/Win had hoped. I'm hoping with the 27 Nosler, that maybe Nosler will come out with some heavier .277 bullets. Seem like 100-150gr bullets are plentiful, but the heavier stuff is very limited, which makes it even harder with component selection right now.

My experience they've been close. I've set them up in 3 rifles. Range only goes to 900 and when corn is high only 800. 199hh browning 300 win 156hh browning 6.8 western 177hh custom 28 nosler. All grouped well and were within a couple clicks to 800

Anyone tried the Nosler 170gr Balistic Tip? Their statement below on "Deer Sized Game" kind of turns me off when looking for an elk hunting bullet, but I was suprised to see another Nosler heavier .277.

Description:
This bullet requires 1-8" barrel twist *** Delivering the accuracy, consistency and down range punch required for clean kills in all situations, Nosler™s Ballistic Tip® hunting bullet maximizes energy transfer for devastating performance. The aerodynamic polymer tip (color coded by caliber) initiates rapid and uniform expansion of the bullet upon impact while the fully-tapered jacket provides maximum energy transfer and optimum weight retention at all practical velocities. Equipped with a heavily jacketed base that acts as a platform for large-diameter mushrooms and a boat-tail design that enhances long-range accuracy, the Ballistic Tip® is a favorable design for reloaders targeting deer-sized game