Bullet group size calculator?

Tulsa Reiner

I need help with the name of a product: a couple of years ago I saw examples online of a camera/bluetooth/software combo that allowed a shooter to electronically calculate group size of a series of shots on a target. Can anyone tell me the name of the setup, and where it is available?

I use Ballistic X. It is available through the App Store.
2CDC2B60-33F7-4C0C-8F0C-0982B2973E73.png

We use a micrometer with Neil Jones attachments. I have measured benchrest targets for the past 10 years. The attachment has circles etched into the plastic with a magnifier for precise centering over a bullet hole, push a lock that holds one side of the mic, then slide the other side of the mic over to outer bullet in the group and read the micrometer. Normally the circles are 22,6mm, and 30 cal. Your eye can very accurately center a ring over a bullet hole so the measurement is amazingly accurate and consistent.

I use On Target as well. It digitally does just what Kris described above. I haven't tried the others mentioned above but assume they work in a similar fashion.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.