Bullet failure 130 grain nosler partition with 6.5 creedmoor

Anyways I'm not here to argue until the cows come home. I'll just say we'll have to agree to disagree. Have a good evening. We all like to hunt, we can agree on that.

Anyways I'm not here to argue until the cows come home. I'll just say we'll have to agree to disagree. Have a good evening. We all like to hunt, we can agree on that.
No by all means please do go on. Might as well show the entire world so no one will ever make the mistake again of thinking you might be a source of actual information.

If you wish to continue making a fool of yourself I'm not going to stop you.

Please do go on. Might as well show the entire world so no one bothers to take your advice again
I'll say this. This is very much like the Alinsky tactics. If you don't agree with someone just insult them. I believe it was part of his rules for radicals.

I'll say this. This is very much like the Alinsky tactics. If you don't agree with someone just insult them. I believe it was part of his rules for radicals.
Laughable.

I didn't insult you I spoke the truth. You showed you have littler or no experience, education, or common sense.

Again, please do go on.

Tell us about those magic bullets that exit a chunk of meat with no exit wound and that penetrate the body cavity with no entry wound.

I'm sure we'll all be fascinated.

Last edited:
Um......wrong! Maybe you should put down your 25 cal. Koolaid and look at the ballistics.
I did look at the ballistics. Maybe you need glasses. At Nineteen Hundred yards it is traveling at 1145 fps. . Anyway you cut it that's pretty awesome, whether you want to admit it or not.

You need to check out the new 25 cal. Blackjack bullet. 131 grain. 3200 feet-per-second. BC is 670 g1. Supersonic to 1900 yard. I worn you though ,it will hurt your feelings.
Now you are switching from your original claim to something hypothetical. But that doesn't hurt my feelings, I have a real nice 25-06. I even have a new Krieger 7" twist barrel I could put on it, if I choose.

I'm not wrong in the least, it's exactly why they will of ten pencil through when all that is hit is soft tissue. It's not a flaw, it's simply how they are designed.

I've seen literal hundreds of deer, hogs, and elk killed with them and they do a great job but only if they are put in the right place to take advantage of their structure/design.

Use a hammer for a hammer, not a wrench, use a Partition for punching heavy bone, muscle etc not shooting for the soft vitals.

All my posts are there for everyone to see. Only reason I got into this was you saying how the Partitions weren't made to expand in soft tissue. That's wrong.

Just bad luck. If I were you I'd send the bullets to Nosler as there was obviously a production problem here.

There's just no reason the bullets should not have penetrated completely, this is exactly what they were designed to do.

Honestly I've never heard of a Partition not penetrating. The one complaint I have seen on them is that when they don't smash bone, sometimes they fail to expand at all or just appear to pencil through.

Mind you, I don't shoot partitions and have no particular love of Nosler but this just isn't what the partition is known to do, they are a great bullet when you have to get through tough hides, heavy muscle and heavy bone.
Then you go to claim that there was an obvious production problem. Since we haven't seen the bullets or bullet fragments I don't see where that evidence is.

I respond to many of these elk type post because I have made this trip around the sun.
I am fortunate enough to not only kill my own elk nearly every year but guide or help many others every year kill their elk.
Growing up my father was and still is a 300 h&h guy with 200 plus grain bullets. His elk tally with that combo puts him in a very small group. My second centerfire rifle was a model 70 in 300 h&h. I killed my first 6 elk with it. No fuss no muss.
I got to college and decide I was smarter, faster was better. I bought a 264 win, wonderful round so dont crucify me, and decided I would show dad. He shook his head and told me someday I would see.
I killed 4 more elk before I found out. I shot a cow with a 140 gr'er at around 300 yds in the shoulders, trying to park her right there. To my shame, its the only elk I have lost.
I rechambered that rifle to a 300 win for 215s. I have killed more than my share of elk with it, with no issues.
We can kill elk with a bow, happens every year a lot. The difference is, as has been stated, non-internet hunting is a messy place, with a lot of variables either out of our control or not considered. We as a group here, add distance to that mix. As much as a better bc bullet makes me a better wind caller, a larger caliber makes me a more ethical killer. You can kill elk with a sling shot. Try to kill enough of them and something will go sideways. In my experience. 308 or larger helps hedge your bet. I hope everyone has a successful, ethical year.
Kyle

Then you go to claim that there was an obvious production problem. Since we haven't seen the bullets or bullet fragments I don't see where that evidence is.
We have the evidence. The bullets entered the shoulder and did not exit the mass of meat. When he gets time to do the final processing he's going to pull the bullets and tell/show us what he found.

Now, tell us about those magic bullets that exit a chunk of meat with no exit wound and that penetrate the body cavity with no entry wound.

Adam32

Please don't post crude photos on LRH

I deleted it.

Len Backus

Creedmoor guys need to realize they aren't shooting a Magnum, even if the gun rags and internet snipers think it's the best "new" thing this century! It's really not!

Last edited by a moderator:
We quartered it out gutless. First bullet may have deflected low. Second bullet was centered on the shoulder (scapula I believe).

We have the evidence. The bullets entered the shoulder and did not exit the mass of meat. When he gets time to do the final processing he's going to pull the bullets and tell/show us what he found.
the OP said the first bullet may have "deflected low". Like I said there's a possibility of a deflection. You made the assumption that they did not exit the quarter. In any case the OP stated it's a possibility. If he wants to post pictures that's fine. I'll stick with the possibility that both bullets deflected once hitting the shoulder.