Bullet and Case lubes

WildRose

Our recent discussion on "Bullet Weld" got kind of off in the weeds.

Here is a site though that offers a variety of case and bullet lubricants. I'm going to try some dry tumbling of brass with the carnauba wax to see if that helps any with loading and to see if it will prevent corrosion.

Obviously the manufacturers are putting some sort of dry protective and lubricating coating on their rounds that keeps them from corroding but I'm sure they are proprietary and we're not likely to ever find out what those are.

Here is a site though that offers a variety of case and bullet lubricants. I'm going to try some dry tumbling of brass with the carnauba wax to see if that helps any with loading and to see if it will prevent corrosion.

Obviously the manufacturers are putting some sort of dry protective and lubricating coating on their rounds that keeps them from corroding but I'm sure they are proprietary and we're not likely to ever find out what those are.
Good article, Te LEE case lube is the best that I have found IMPO

It works great, I just didn't like the mess.

I'm going to order some carnauba was and see how it does as soon as I get things set up again but I'll probably still hit it with the Hornady One Shot as well.
I put it on a Q-Tip to swab the inside case neck as far as case lube I use STP

^^^^ Since using the same method of Lee on a qtip, Ive noticed consistent bullet seating force and my numbers stay low too. Been using this method for a couple years and no mess. It takes very small amount, just enough to dampen the inside of the neck

I thought case lube et all will damage powder? I'm lucky I guess with no issues and loaded ammo sits well over 10-15 years.

WildRose, you seem like a thorough member here when it come to testing products. Add this product to your test. It's cheap, I bought two cans 5 years ago and still have half a can left and I shot 100 rounds every weekend in Fclass and Tactical matches for several years. I would load several hundred bullets at a time and then seat deeper on a hydro press before the match. What I noticed was when using this product my seating force did not change when seating deeper. When using graphite powder that I dipped the necks in, hornady 1 shot, or no lube at all when I seated the bullets deeper some would pop and it would take 3 to 4x the initial seating pressure. I tried this on hunting rounds as well and after setting up for a year there is still no pop with the Lu204 and other bullets I could not seat deeper with 100 lbs of force. Get a box of Berger bullets and flip it upside down, spray this in top of the box, take a qtip and roll it around in the liquid, roll the qtip on the inside of the neck and it dries almost instantly. You will notice a definitive reduction in the force it takes to seat bullets with this as it is very slick. I found that helpful when using the hydro press as the changes in seating force were due to differences in neck tension (fit) and not differences in the stickiness of the inside of the neck.

Attachments

• 636D3EFE-D83C-41F3-8AEA-DF49B64A58EC.jpeg
    636D3EFE-D83C-41F3-8AEA-DF49B64A58EC.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 220
WildRose, you seem like a thorough member here when it come to testing products. Add this product to your test. It's cheap, I bought two cans 5 years ago and still have half a can left and I shot 100 rounds every weekend in Fclass and Tactical matches for several years. I would load several hundred bullets at a time and then seat deeper on a hydro press before the match. What I noticed was when using this product my seating force did not change when seating deeper. When using graphite powder that I dipped the necks in, hornady 1 shot, or no lube at all when I seated the bullets deeper some would pop and it would take 3 to 4x the initial seating pressure. I tried this on hunting rounds as well and after setting up for a year there is still no pop with the Lu204 and other bullets I could not seat deeper with 100 lbs of force. Get a box of Berger bullets and flip it upside down, spray this in top of the box, take a qtip and roll it around in the liquid, roll the qtip on the inside of the neck and it dries almost instantly. You will notice a definitive reduction in the force it takes to seat bullets with this as it is very slick. I found that helpful when using the hydro press as the changes in seating force were due to differences in neck tension (fit) and not differences in the stickiness of the inside of the neck.
The problem with me is when I find something I really like I tend to stop looking and testing. 😄

Thanks.