Bullet and Barrel treatment

300WMShooter

An aquantance of mine gave me some loading information for .300 Win. mag. He treats his bullets with Fastex Bullet Treatment and uses EEzox for cleaning and treating his rifle barrels. He is getting 3100 - 3200 fps with 180 gr. SMK in 24" barrels on Browning, Parker Hale, and Winchester Mosel 70.
Does ahyone on this forum use these treatments/procedures? If so do you feel the treatments are useful and worth the effort?

gun)

Does ahyone on this forum use these treatments/procedures? If so do you feel the treatments are useful and worth the effort?
I don't use treatments.

Before I did, I would want to know how they react over time to high temperatures and pressures they'll be exposed to for the life of the barrel. If the maker doesn't supply this information, nobody could pay me enough to try it. Well, maybe if they paid me a few dozen thousand dollars.

It is a fairly easy thing to do to get 3100 to 3200 fps with a 180 gr bullet in the 300 win mag. My Nosler #5 manual show 3 different powders with max loads that are in that velocity range.

I don't use treatments.

Before I did, I would want to know how they react over time to high temperatures and pressures they'll be exposed to for the life of the barrel. If the maker doesn't supply this information, nobody could pay me enough to try it. Well, maybe if they paid me a few dozen thousand dollars.

Bart B,

Thanks for your reply. I will consider your advice.

Best regards,

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.