Any Special Treatment for Hunting Loads?

Thanks for all the great information.

HARPERC - I'll be shooting a 7mm rem mag.

Greyfox - Great suggestions. How temperature sensitive is H1000 powder? Where can I find what powders are sensitive and what ones are not?

Has anybody ever had issues with seating depth (setback) in rounds loaded into the magazine due to recoil? I've never tested this and may be should load a full magazine before shooting and then measure the rounds after a couple shots.

Gene - I am using mag primers.

If you are worried about set back from recoil when you put your rnds in the mag push them to the front not the rear. What happens on recoil is that the rifle moves to the rear and the rnds in the mag have a tendency to remain still and that is why the mag smacks flat your bullet tips. But do note that not all rifles will cycle correctly when you seat the tips to the front of the mag instead of the base to the rear so, try before you go out in the field.
Also in my 7rm I use IMR7828 for most of my shooting and have had no issues with temps. Spring summer winter or fall, the differance of vel's is not worth me sweatting

If you are worried about set back from recoil when you put your rnds in the mag push them to the front not the rear. What happens on recoil is that the rifle moves to the rear and the rnds in the mag have a tendency to remain still and that is why the mag smacks flat your bullet tips. But do note that not all rifles will cycle correctly when you seat the tips to the front of the mag instead of the base to the rear so, try before you go out in the field.
Also in my 7rm I use IMR7828 for most of my shooting and have had no issues with temps. Spring summer winter or fall, the differance of vel's is not worth me sweatting

Yep and yep.
Gotta love 7828 in a 7RM

g0rd0 - Great suggestion. I'll try that next time I shoot to make sure they cycle correctly.

I've never tried 7828 but maybe a good project for next year... too close to hunting season now to mess with anything and I have the H1000 dialed in pretty well. Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.