Treatment of primer explosion wound

WOW, that looks like it blasted the whole primer cup in there, I bet that stung a little :D Good thing you got it dug out, that would have been bad in a few days.

What brand primer was that? Not a very good long range round. Didn't expand, penetration was weak , no fragmentng. Must have been a solid.:D

Sorry man, glad you are on the mend and this is an eye opener foe all of us.

Take care, and I will return to my corner now.

Jeff

What a bunch goobers........LMAO !!!!

Not quite as bad as this. Doesn't look like this guy went to the doc either. :D

Attachments

• toe 1 .jpg
    toe 1 .jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 49
  • toe 2  copy.jpg
    toe 2 copy.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 53
  • toe 3  copy.jpg
    toe 3 copy.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 47
wow, thats a new one on me, and I used to cringe at depriming bullets... glad everything worked itself out !!:D

woooah ! I've heard the phrase "you'll shoot your eye out !", but that is rediculous (rediculously sick ) eewww!

Well ... many of you asked for photos ... this is post removal ... not too bad ...

On a serious note: If the detonation had happened 2 seconds sooner it would have probably struck me in the face. I've learned a VERY BIG lesson about primers.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 56
:D Nice one, Broz! :D

What brand primer was that? Not a very good long range round. Didn't expand, penetration was weak , no fragmentng. Must have been a solid.:D

Sorry man, glad you are on the mend and this is an eye opener foe all of us.

Take care, and I will return to my corner now.

Jeff

The skin was severed in a star like pattern.

I'm assuming your hand was right next to it? These types of cuts are common with extremely close, or direct contact gunshot wounds, or high impact wounds. (Don't ask how I know!... hospital experience)

The wound is looking good, glad to hear it was a happy ending!

I'm assuming your hand was right next to it? These types of cuts are common with extremely close, or direct contact gunshot wounds, or high impact wounds. (Don't ask how I know!... hospital experience)

The wound is looking good, glad to hear it was a happy ending!

Thanks .... you're right .... the distance was about 2-3 inches.

PROLOAD
Glad to see there will be no permanent damage. As a wise man once said "STUPID HURTS"!
With me the value of the lesson learned has always been directly proportional the the number of stitches required to fix stupid!

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.