Building off of a savage action

By the way, I'm also a Savage fan. I have two. The one weakness I've found is the sear. They are pretty cheesy, made out of stamped metal and mine chipped on my accutrigger model. Started tripping the trigger as soon as the bolt was closed. The accutrigger has very little sear engagement and it concentrates all the pressure on the edge of the sear. I swapped in a Timney trigger and so far its good (3lb) but not as light as it once was.

Jard makes a replacement kit but reviews are mixed. Sharp Shooters Supply make a kit do but I understand they're not doing them any longer.
By the way, I'm also a Savage fan. I have two. The one weakness I've found is the sear. They are pretty cheesy, made out of stamped metal and mine chipped on my accutrigger model. Started tripping the trigger as soon as the bolt was closed. The accutrigger has very little sear engagement and it concentrates all the pressure on the edge of the sear. I swapped in a Timney trigger and so far its good (3lb) but not as light as it once was.

20171001_122751.jpg

I like that bolt work.
Who did it?

The bolt ($85.00) is from Sharp Shooter Supply...I also got the recoil lug from them. I know I said earlier I got it from EA Brown (I've got one coming from them right now...my mistake...for my next build).

The ER Shaw barrel and Choate stock came from EA Brown...I added the cheek riser to it also

EGW 0MOA rail...the last 0 I buy...just got a 20 MOA for another Savage...next build gets a 20MOA. Get the from Mounting Solutions for $32 free shipping.

Rings are low Vortex... $19ea cheapies, but they sure seem solid..

Still plan to put bottom metal on it. Maybe a trigger...it has the factory that I slicked up...

Did all the assemly work myself and less scope have less than 1K in it!

Oh yeah and this is my other turd. 7wsm Long action, Shillen 26" barrel, manners EH1, vortex pst ffp 6-24x50. This is the most accurate rifle I've ever owned.
D129C0FA-5960-46EA-A02A-81EA6281AF21.jpeg
92542C3D-5E11-42E7-8A47-F8662C605B71.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.