Building A Rifle This Easy?

Chorizo

Sweet! Very nice build.

I used NSS for the barrel for the 260. I am using https://www.crownridgebarrelworks.com/ for the 7mm-08. Anthony cut and threaded the barrel and shipped it to me and I had it in 3 days. No extra charge for cutting and threading. Wilson barrel.

If you are looking for a greyboe stock, red hawk rifles has them in stock (greyboe is a 6-8 week wait!) https://redhawkrifles.com/

Idaho Lefty

CrownRidgeBarrelworks also makes, a real NICE Looking, RemAge,. "Nut" that, fit perfectly, on my NSS Criterion, 6 XC Barrel that, shoots, ONE ragged Hole, 5 shot groups in, the 3's ! I headspaced Rifle, on a NEW Norma 6 XC case, using it for, the "Go" gage and with Bolt, very TIGHT ( just starting to close ) on, the actual, "Go" gage ! A NO Go Gage was NOT, necessary.
There is, NO stretching of, cases !
Forster Dies, Size perfectly to, THIS Dimension of Case.

dougduey

CrownRidgeBarrelworks also makes, a real NICE Looking, RemAge,. "Nut" that, fit perfectly, on my NSS Criterion, 6 XC Barrel that, shoots, ONE ragged Hole, 5 shot groups in, the 3's ! I headspaced Rifle, on a NEW Norma 6 XC case, using it for, the "Go" gage and with Bolt, very TIGHT ( just starting to close ) on, the actual, "Go" gage ! A NO Go Gage was NOT, necessary.
There is, NO stretching of, cases !
Forster Dies, Size perfectly to, THIS Dimension of Case.
With my 280AI, virgin Nosler brass was way to tight even though the Go Gauge was set correctly. So I backed it off a little using the brass as the Go Gauge like you did. The No Go Gauge verified all was good. My brass doesn’t stretch much.

Idaho Lefty

With my 280AI, virgin Nosler brass was way to tight even though the Go Gauge was set correctly. So I backed it off a little using the brass as the Go Gauge like you did. The No Go Gauge verified all was good. My brass doesn’t stretch much.
NOT all Brass is, created Equal.
I trust, Lapua and Norma Brass, the most.
I've heard that, ADG and Peterson cases are, Precisely made, too.
I have Nosler's .22-250 Rem Brass and so far it's, been good but, I'm NOT sure, I'd trust it, enough, to Head space, a Rifle, tho !
You've obtained, the objective of, NOT stretching your cases, too much,.. good "Job" !

Recent Posts