Buffalo Bore Ammo

Buffalo bore bullets website doesnt call them +P at this time
They call them "premium supercharged"
They are just loading them to real close to max book loads from my understanding--- lots of other factory 7rm ammo is downloaded.

Your semi auto may have issues with them, they may be too much gas pressure for the operating system. I would talk to B.B. first to see what their take on it is. Probably wont hurt the rifle, but it may not cycle correctly. Sometimes semi auto rifles need to use specific powders for proper operation.
they are a heavy max load that some firearms say do not use such as the judge ! i fired a couple of rounds and they were uncomfortable so i stopped and read that they are not recommended !

Gotcha! All those reasons make sense on why. It seems to me though the 7mm RM has taken a little bit more of a beating from what I remember on a lot of other cartridges. It seems the 30-06 has remained pretty close to the "old" numbers.
Probably already "downloaded" because they think somebody might be using g-g-grandpappy's Springfield '03. I have heard some guys talk about hand loads in the '06 way past factory numbers and also may be why the AI seems to get so much benefit.

Just from memory, there is no legal spec for +P+ even though some manufacturers used that designation. In current climate, BB is hot. Look after yourself as always and only use it in "arms in good condition." I use BB in.44mag and 10mm and it is stout stuff. Have not tried any recent loadings.

The +p designation is just a marketing term like Hornady's Superformance or the old Federal High Energy ammo. If a hand loader is able to gain 100 fps by switching to a "boutique" powder, so can a larger ammo manufacturer like Buffalo Bore.

Call or email Tim at BB. It has been several years since I have communicated with him but I felt like it was a very informative conversation.

I have a fiend that shoots a Benelli R1 and Benelli says no Hornady Superformance in their rifle. I expect the Benelli is the equal of the BAR or possibly better.

I have shot Buffalo Bore ammo in the past as well as some Garrats and they are hot.
I refused to shoot them or any + P hot load in my Browning auto.I have seen hot loads ruin a Remington 742 as it locked back and destroyed the receiver.
I have shot these in a lever action Marlin :
BuffBarnesLogo.png
BUFFALO-BARNES 45-70 MAG +P LEAD-FREE Ammo
When they say +P they mean it,MAX load.
They have a wide Meplat and super destructive on deer sized game.
I hope this helps.
Old Rooster

I have shot Buffalo Bore ammo in the past as well as some Garrats and they are hot.
I refused to shoot them or any + P hot load in my Browning auto.I have seen hot loads ruin a Remington 742 as it locked back and destroyed the receiver.
I have shot these in a lever action Marlin :
BuffBarnesLogo.png
BUFFALO-BARNES 45-70 MAG +P LEAD-FREE Ammo
When they say +P they mean it,MAX load.
They have a wide Meplat and super destructive on deer sized game.
I hope this helps.
Old Rooster
Thank you. Your response, as well as several others, have convinced me to stay away from them in a semi-auto. If I ever decide to use them, I'll save them for a bolt action.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.