Clean bore vs. Fouled bore?

Speaking of hunting, here is my reasoning for shooting a clean bore 1st shot. What if you have to clean your rifle? *Rule 4 Violation* happens, people plug barrels with mud every year. Branches get scraped, grass is crawled through, birds poop.... or whatever reason. I know I can consistently get my bore clean the same way every time. And, it just so happens my shots are repeatable. Maybe I got lucky with this rig.
Had this happen this year. My 28 nosler shoots high with clean bore at 500. Settles down after that one shot though. Got dirt and dust in the action and had to clean it before the next hunt (didn't want galled lugs or worse in the bore). Cleaned it real good at home. Next day, Bored waiting for elk, I couldn't help myself and whacked a rock at 796. It was a couple inches high like normal. Just know what it will do and you'll be fine.

Just for clarification purposes, by having a fouled barrel you mean no cleaning at all? More specifically no bore snake if your barrel shoots better fouled?
PS- I am one of the ones learning. These are things that even after 10 years in the field I have not been taught. Great information to know.
We are all always learning. It is so refreshing to hear someone say that.

All the rifles in our house shoot best with a cold clean bore my 7 mag has always shot the tightest groups with a cold clean bore

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.