Buffalo Bore Ammo

Web1350

I have a Browning Mk3 semi-auto in a 7mm Rem mag and have found Buffalo Bore ammo available in this round. I believe it is rated as a +P round, although I thought +P was limited to basically .45 and 9mm pistol calibers. My question is: Would it be safe to use this ammo in my Browning semi-auto or be too hard on the gun?

+P is often times just used as a marketing hype tool to try to sell more ammo.

What are the specs? What bullet @ what speed?
I know the +P is, more often than not, used as such. I believe Buffalo Bore is the only mfr. that uses that term for the 7mm RM which caught my attention. That said, if it truly is +P, I want to be sure its OK to use. It's advertised as 175 grain Nosler Partition at 3,000 F.P.S.

It should be fine. I just ran some numbers through Quickload and came up with a handful of different powders that will give 3000 fps with a 175gr Partition from a 24" barrel at 62,000 psi.

Buffalo bore bullets website doesnt call them +P at this time
They call them "premium supercharged"
They are just loading them to real close to max book loads from my understanding--- lots of other factory 7rm ammo is downloaded.

Your semi auto may have issues with them, they may be too much gas pressure for the operating system. I would talk to B.B. first to see what their take on it is. Probably wont hurt the rifle, but it may not cycle correctly. Sometimes semi auto rifles need to use specific powders for proper operation.

Buffalo bore bullets website doesnt call them +P at this time
They call them "premium supercharged"
They are just loading them to real close to max book loads from my understanding--- lots of other factory 7rm ammo is downloaded.

Your semi auto may have issues with them, they may be too much gas pressure for the operating system. I would talk to B.B. first to see what their take on it is. Probably wont hurt the rifle, but it may not cycle correctly. Sometimes semi auto rifles need to use specific powders for proper operation.

A retailer is who classified them as +P. As for the ballistics this retailer cited for them they are very close to what the published ballistics were of the 7mm RM back in the late 60s, early 70s. Now, all the ammo manufacturers are publishing ballistics anywhere from 400-600 less pounds of energy at the muzzle so it looks like you're right on the money of the cartridge now being downloaded. Any reason why?

A retailer is who classified them as +P. As for the ballistics this retailer cited for them they are very close to what the published ballistics were of the 7mm RM back in the late 60s, early 70s. Now, all the ammo manufacturers are publishing ballistics anywhere from 400-600 less pounds of energy at the muzzle so it looks like you're right on the money of the cartridge now being downloaded. Any reason why?
same reason they all are-- the 270w used to be 3100 for a 130 gr, now they tend to be 3000fps -- some says lawyers -- some say ability to use in sub par rifles, some say its to push the new cartridges over the old ones-- who really knows --thats why we hand load

same reason they all are-- the 270w used to be 3100 for a 130 gr, now they tend to be 3000fps -- some says lawyers -- some say ability to use in sub par rifles, some say its to push the new cartridges over the old ones-- who really knows --thats why we hand load

Gotcha! All those reasons make sense on why. It seems to me though the 7mm RM has taken a little bit more of a beating from what I remember on a lot of other cartridges. It seems the 30-06 has remained pretty close to the "old" numbers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.