Bubble level for rifle

Petander,
Those are really nice levels, but what is the purpose of that device under them
wink.gif

Good job, this topic lost a lot of us about page two.

Bottom line is if the critter is below or above your firing point you gotta hold a bit low starting at 250-300 yards depending on the angle. I put the ACI indicator on my pet NXS so that I would have a half-assed idea about such compensation, sure is a nice little accessory. Plus it is a very slick looking toy to have on your scope and it implies that I know how the hell to use it and that I shoot so much angle stuff that I need it
wink.gif
wink.gif

You numbers guys can have fun with this hypothetical stuff but in real life, other than guys like our Alaskan sheep hunter buddies, how many times is it significant in our hunting? I've got way more concerns about putting on good wind.

Having said that, I am going to shoot angles this summer and learn more about it. Have found a great place where we can shoot almost straight down (if someone is holding onto the shooter's boots). There is a relatively good trail down below this drop-off and we can put up a bunch of steel targets at fairly long distances and varying angles. The cliff must be at least 300 feet deep, should be enough to make things happen.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.