Flatline Ops. Inc. ACCU/LEVEL Scope Level Review

Got mine in last week; haven't got it to the range yet.

I stuck it on my 110BA .338LM w/ NF NXS 5.5-22x50, and I have to say... that was bout the least painful mounting of a level I've ever experienced. Usually it goes something like (for me, at least): level the gun, clamp it, level the scope (using machinist levels here), snug it down. Mount the scope level, snug it a bit, twist it back to center, tighten one screw, then another, then somewhere along the way it gets off to one side, loosen up, start over, do it again, cuss, start over, happens again, cuss some more... eventually get it right. This was level the gun, clamp it, level the scope, snug it down, mount the level, get it close, snug it down, fine tune with the set screws, done. Hallelujah!!!!

Hopefully it works as good as it looks. I've got an ACI sitting here unused, I might just have to order that accessory-mount-thingy to stick it on there...

I am with you Midnightmalloy! The prices are getting rediculous, and I think the buyers just think it is a fair price. I'm getting my level setup built by a friend how is a airplane engineer and works with aluminium. He thinks the item can be built for a fraction of the price you quote........
By the way, does anyone know how the .338 Hornady 285grain target bullets perform on game?

terjeness

I agree this is expensive, but I am little surprised to see complaints on this forum where everyone spends +$50 on a box of bullets. :D

Expensive doesn't mean it is a bad deal. I looked at prices and it is comparable to most of the others out there. After putting a regular ring type bubble level on my daughters rifle last week and then taking a close look at this it looks to be very well made and well thought out. It took me about a half hour to get the one I was using level using a level/level/level system since every small turn of a screw on the left or right of the ring makes it move. The way the ACCU is designed you wont have that issue and you have the fine adjustment which no one else offers.

I am betting you "can" machine/build one for half the cost, but they are running a company, employing people in the U.S., and marketing their product, it also looks like they support LEO's and Military personnel with their products. Looking at the company and the product I like what they are doing. Not saying it wouldn't be even better at a lower price, just dont think the prices are excessive.

I will get off my soapbox now... Happy Shooting!!! gun)

Just say "No" to copying unique products! It is very much a battle of principality. Friends don't let friends become China!

What if a person is a left hand shooter. Do u turn the level around backwards or poke ur head to the left and look at the level. A dumb question maybe?? Left hand shooter.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.