Flatline Ops. Inc. ACCU/LEVEL Scope Level Review

Thanks Jim! that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I have another question. in the LRH they sell the level for $129 or something in there. is that the level and ring/mount? or just the level its self?all I want at this point in time is the level attached to my scope on the ring/mount pictured witout the ACI. so if that is what it is I am for sure going to get one of those suckers!

Thanks Jim! that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I have another question. in the LRH they sell the level for $129 or something in there. is that the level and ring/mount? or just the level its self?all I want at this point in time is the level attached to my scope on the ring/mount pictured witout the ACI. so if that is what it is I am for sure going to get one of those suckers!

Yes I believe you are correct it is the scope tube mount with the level and fine adjustments.

The strong arm would be what holds the ACI.

Well I have never bought a scope level before but $100-$150 seems pretty reasonable. I just recently had a custom rifle built and I know for a precision part you gotta at least pay the machinist wages this actually seems like a bargain to me. Maybe there are 50 dollar ones out there. But I don't have a problem paying the extra considering what I am trying to accomplish by using it. Thanks for the help Jim!

Hello Jim,

How well do the adjustments hold once set?

Thats the part that has got my attention, as the usual twist-cuss-tweak-cuss-try-again-cuss-some-more adjustment to get a traditional clamp-on scope bubble level to coincide with my 4" Starrett machinist level has gotten to be something I tend to dread.

Thanks,

Monte

Hello Jim,

How well do the adjustments hold once set?

Thats the part that has got my attention, as the usual twist-cuss-tweak-cuss-try-again-cuss-some-more adjustment to get a traditional clamp-on scope bubble level to coincide with my 4" Starrett machinist level has gotten to be something I tend to dread.

Thanks,

Monte

Monte, once you clamp the level on "close to level" with the main clamp screws, You then use 2 fine adjustment screws to percisly level the level. This takes about 1 minute to do. No more losening the clamp screw and readjusting!

I put a drop of blue lok-tite on the tips of the fine adj. screws and that will weep into the threads and ensure they stay put until you need to move them. They seemed fine with out the lok-tite but I was making sure I got no in the field problerms.

For what this cost I would not buy it for the same money you can buy a scope with an internal level in it and you don't have to look 2 different places to see
if you are ok..

Ken asked earlier in the thread about the levels sensitivity. I talked to Chuck McCoy about this on the phone. He stated that there is aprox .025" of space between the bubbles edge and the coresponding rt or left lines on the vial, when the bubble is dead center.

He then went on to say that if the edge of the bubble meet the line it is at aproximatly a 1/4 degree cant. This equates to a 1/2 degree movement between the lines, with only a maximum left or rt cant of 1/4 degrees.

After we hung up, I then set my rifle on the counter and used my rifle/scope leveling jig to level out the gun via the scopes reticle, and the bubble after 2 hunts was still dead center on the vial, so repeatability was excellent after 2 weeks of moutain hunting. I mounted the gun and did a little wrist twisting on the stock, movement of the bubble was very fluid coresponding to the motion put into the gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts