Brux or Bartlein barrel?

cb4128

Im going to re-barrel a rifle in 264 win mag, and was wondering if there's any preference for a Bartlein vs Brux barrel? Going with a 3B/#5 respectively and a 1/8 twist for 140gr bullets.

Have several Bartlein but never tried a Brux. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Im going to re-barrel a rifle in 264 win mag, and was wondering if there's any preference for a Bartlein vs Brux barrel? Going with a 3B/#5 respectively and a 1/8 twist for 140gr bullets.

Have several Bartlein but never tried a Brux. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

I've had three Bartlein and one Brux. My Brux shot better than any of my Bartlein and my Criterions have shot better than either of them.

John

I have no experience with Brux but I've got a couple Bartlein barrels and they're shooters. With the reputation of both just flip a coin as stated above.

I agree with going with either one. I don't have any Bartlein but do have some Brux. All Brux barrels have shot very good. I'd go with whichever one is in stock so you don't have any wait time.

I have a Bartlein on my 7mm built by nate at SSG and its a shooter. no experience with Brux but as others said I'm sure they are great as well.

I have heard praises for all barrel manufacturers, Brux, Bartlein, Krieger, Lija, etc. I would want to know, from the many Smith's on this forum, which barrel manufacturers have the straightest barrels or are they all the same and just pick a brand and go with it? I have only one custom barrel and it is a Brux, that is what the Smith uses on majority of his builds and it shoots great, not sure I would be able to tell the difference between any of them if we are getting .5MOA on custom builds.

If ordering a standard contour, I would prefer the Brux. It will have a 1.250" diameter chamber end. The Bartlein will have a 1.200" diameter.

My Smith, who is also a long comp shooter, convinced me to go with a Bartlein. He said if you at which barrel manufacturer is winning the majority of the long range competitions, Bartlein has been on top the past few years. Figured that was better than flipping a coin...

I have 3 Bartlein, 1 Rock Creek, and a Proof CF. All shoot under .25", a couple routinely shoot in the .1s. I would say a lot depends on cartridge selection, smith ability, build component quality, reload consistency, and most of all.....shooter ability. I have another Proof on the way.

I have both but I generally use brux because that's the first custom barrels I started using and haven't had one not shoot.

I would go with whatever you find in stock. Bartlein, Kreiger, Hart, Lilja, Brux, Broughton, they all are great. Find a barrel that works for you and stick with them. I like Bartleins, but both my cousins that I shoot with all the time prefer Kreiger. It's like Ford vs Dodge vs Chevy, everyone has their preference they all make good ones and sometimes a bad one. Try one of them, they're all shooters!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.