Browning speed lr 300 rum

dlowe00

Bought the 300 rum speed LR it has a 1.8 twist having trouble getting it to group have tried the 200 eld x with retumbo and h1000 going to try the 220 next has anyone had any luck getting this rifle to group or is it gonna become a single shot any suggestions will be helpful and appreciated thanks

Not this rifle, but mine shoots Berger 215s and 245s both at 3.745" very well. What is your mag length? This is a lot of jump, but worth a shot if you can find some.

This was loaded to shoot from a magazine through a chassis (can't remember the name of the mags, from XLR). Sold the chassis and went back to the Wyatts.

Not this rifle, but mine shoots Berger 215s and 245s both at 3.745" very well. What is your mag length? This is a lot of jump, but worth a shot if you can find some.

This was loaded to shoot from a magazine through a chassis (can't remember the name of the mags, from XLR). Sold the chassis and went back to the Wyatts.
My mag length is 3.600 I stretched them out but won't feed at mag length they are .177 jump I've been wanting to try the 245 but can't get ahold of any thank you for the information I'm going to try just stretching them .10 thousands and see how they group and keep trying to find some Berger 245s I'm hoping the heavier bullet with the 1.8 twist will help

When I had a 3.6" box I had good luck with super fast monos (152 Hammers). Also did well with 180 Accubonds.

If wanting to load from the mag, I would look to the monos. Hammer has a 175 I think that is desinged to load in factory length loads.

When I had a 3.6" box I had good luck with super fast monos (152 Hammers). Also did well with 180 Accubonds.

If wanting to load from the mag, I would look to the monos. Hammer has a 175 I think that is desinged to load in factory length loads.
Will look into those also I have a ton of 185 Berger classics have you had any experience with those and do you think they might be to light for the rum I have thought bought trying these also they shoot same hole outta my win mag at mag length

C1442551-F743-4E4A-961B-F6162DABC402.jpeg

Personally think they are a little light for the velocities. Not much to hold together to get to the other side. Buuuut they are designed to come apart so who knows. I think there is a factory 185 Berger load for them out there so if it shoots, roll with it. I would stay off the shoulders if possible. I am lately using the 181 Hammer Hunter in mine at a little over 3330 FPS. Distances for me don't need the heavies.

Maybe give their 166gr Hammer a look. No slouch at 3400+.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Looking at my notes. I had a HS detachable mag on my RUM.

210 and 215 Bergers with H1000 did pretty good as well at 3.6" ish. Under a minute. No serious load work as it soon after got a new barrel.

Did you ever find a good load for the gun. I have the exact same rifle and am having similar issues
No I had 300 rounds through it with no luck had a gun smith rebarrel it and now I'm shooting the same holes at 100 yards 90 grains of Retumbo and a Berger 210 vld 215m primer. I was told that browning had a bad run on them