Browning xbolt 300 RUM conversion

yotehuntersd

Has anyone seen or done a xbolt conversion to 300 ultra mag? I am guessing it would work, I am just unsure of the magazine since its plastic?
Thank you

Buddy, I received an x-bolt about a year and a half ago. Its a short action composite stalker is in 300wsm. Great lightweight rifle and its compact size made it a great idea for a brush gun. I began exploring the long range game and while I could make it to 1000 yards with the x-bolt I found that the magazine didnt allow me to seat the bullets out enough to my liking. After exploring other options I decided to look for aftermarket options for my xbolt. After a few months of searching I found ONE aftermarket stock option that wasn't exactly what I was looking for. The hardest part is finding a GUNSMITH that will work on the xbolt. That is why my composite stalker (which has exactly 11 shots through it) will most likely be in the classifieds sometime this week. For most hunters around here in VA are looking for a small compact lightweight rifle for hunting in thick brush. I think the 300wsm is a great caliber for that purpose. Just not my purposes. In conclusion, good luck with your conversion but I just don't see the resources to pull it off. I have been wrong before. If in fact I am wrong, Please let me know so I can reconsider selling mine!

-cody

Ishootkittens - I was about to buy a 300wsm abolt last week ($450 used) but it sold before I got there. I have 338 xbolt love it and might save my pennies and get the 300wsm in xbolt, for better and worse I like Brownings.
I am a little surprised no one has knowledge of this conversion. I see that browning is chambering a 26 nosler now in a couple xbolts so hopefully down the road 30 nosler will come to stores near me. Then a barrel swap would be less of a hassle for acquiring components, I think I will keep looking then
Thanks

Ishootkittens - I was about to buy a 300wsm abolt last week ($450 used) but it sold before I got there. I have 338 xbolt love it and might save my pennies and get the 300wsm in xbolt, for better and worse I like Brownings.
I am a little surprised no one has knowledge of this conversion. I see that browning is chambering a 26 nosler now in a couple xbolts so hopefully down the road 30 nosler will come to stores near me. Then a barrel swap would be less of a hassle for acquiring components, I think I will keep looking then
Thanks

You're welcome to buy mine. I think 500$ is a good price. I paid almost 9 for it and haven't shot it but a handful of times. If you decide that is the route you want to go just let me know buddy and I can send you some pics or something. I have never sold anything online before but we can figure it out haha I am building a 300 norma improved and I just dont need the browning to be honest. It was a gift and a great one, but I just dont have a use for it. Its a great gun, I hate to see it sit in the safe.

Have a good one and god bless.

also open to trades

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.