Browning Hells Cayon

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by the blur, Jul 9, 2018.

1. the blur

the blur Well-Known Member

6.5 CM.
    1st trip to the range, I was shooting nice groups at 200yards.
    2nd trip to the range, all over the paper, same ammo.

I can't figure out what happened. I didn't clean it between range trips...
    less than 100 rounds through barrel.

Scope is secure.

2. Dosh

Dosh Well-Known Member

Perhaps clean it. It’s a factory barrel not a custom. When you have the opportunity, give the barrel a peek through a borescope to see what it looks like.

3. duckhunter175

duckhunter175 Well-Known Member

Can you quantify nice groups to 'all over'? I think we've all had good and bad days at the range. Definitely a mental aspect-- days when I've hurried to get a gun dialed in or the line has been busy are not my productive days.

Check the crown on the muzzle-- if you dinged that it could be affecting things.

Aside from that-- I've give the gun a thorough cleaning-- shoot a few foulers and see how she does.

All those variables removed and your scope is still tight it could be an internal scope issue!

4. The Oregonian

The Oregonian Well-Known Member

My guess is cleaning as well. New gun with factory barrel is likely to foul well before 100 rounds. My customs don’t go that long.

5. Joefrazell

Joefrazell Well-Known Member

Clean it. Get the copper out. Shine a flashlight down the muzzle and I bet you see copper streaking. Clean with a good copper cleaner until all the blue is done. It could take a hour or so of cleaning from past experience. Follow the directions.

6. RockyMtnMT

RockyMtnMT Official LRH Sponsor

Clean, check every mounting point for proper torque. Then change out the scope if it has not come back in.

Steve

Hand Skills and FEENIX like this.