Browning Hells Cayon

the blur

6.5 CM.
1st trip to the range, I was shooting nice groups at 200yards.
2nd trip to the range, all over the paper, same ammo.

I can't figure out what happened. I didn't clean it between range trips...
less than 100 rounds through barrel.

Scope is secure.

Perhaps clean it. It's a factory barrel not a custom. When you have the opportunity, give the barrel a peek through a borescope to see what it looks like.

Can you quantify nice groups to 'all over'? I think we've all had good and bad days at the range. Definitely a mental aspect-- days when I've hurried to get a gun dialed in or the line has been busy are not my productive days.

Check the crown on the muzzle-- if you dinged that it could be affecting things.

Aside from that-- I've give the gun a thorough cleaning-- shoot a few foulers and see how she does.

All those variables removed and your scope is still tight it could be an internal scope issue!

Clean it. Get the copper out. Shine a flashlight down the muzzle and I bet you see copper streaking. Clean with a good copper cleaner until all the blue is done. It could take a hour or so of cleaning from past experience. Follow the directions.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.