Browning Brass! (Norma?)

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by matt_3479, Jan 20, 2014.

1. matt_3479

matt_3479 Well-Known Member

I have been looking for 300. win mag brass for a couple weeks now and i found a company fairly close by who told me the only brass they have left is Browning brass at a great price. I have read 2 differen't places that Norma makes there brass for them but somewhere else that a Europe and that its really good brass actually.

Now since i haven't been able to locate any other brass really, especially in the same lot# i was curious if anyone knew anything about Browning brass?

2. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Well-Known Member

I think the brass would be from the early 1980's or older
    I have some in 222 rem and it is quality
    I would buy it if it was me

3. matt_3479

That makes me feel a little better, for the money (24.99 on sale right now) for a pkg of 50 is a sweet deal, even more so since you cant get it anywhere. I am in the middle just double checking right now about it.

I am also waiting on a call back about remington brass, and maybe 200 pieces of 300. win mag brass. But i need 400-500 pieces and dont want mixed brass!

Whats everyones thoughts on using different brass. (starting to get desperate :p)

4. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

Keep it separated and work the loads up simultaneously in both brands of brass. They'll likely be dang close. I had a bit of browning '06 brass years ago.. didn't notice anything off at all.. also had herters and s&w '06 brass.. all good stuff

5. matt_3479

well just waiting on hearing back from him to find out how much of it he has. I need minimum 400-500 pieces of brass and if he doesn't really have half of that i wont bother with it. If he has plenty then ill grab a bag, try it out, and get more if things work out. He was saying he has test it a 270 hunting rifle and his 308 target rifle and was very pleased! Hope he has lots!

6. dig

dig Well-Known Member

Have not seen any Browning. brass in some time. If they are making new stuff under the Winchester line it's pure junk. Be carefull, hopefully a dusty old lot on the shelf.

7. matt_3479

The store selling it said it's about 30 years old and has been sitting in a warehouse for a while and he was able to snag it cheap. He also said the same thing, old stuff use to be good.

8. dig

dig Well-Known Member

Buy it! Probably RWS. Good find. Tell us what the cases weigh compared to some new stuff when you get it.