Brownell's Service

BoomFlop

Anyone else have terrible experiences with Brownell's and Sinclair customer service?

I've spent over $500 there in the past few months and am waiting on another order and have not received any answers in 3 attempts. Nobody seems to care where my order is either. I have received orders that I placed after that one.

Is this typical, or am I just that "unlucky"?

Pretty Frustrated.
Steve

I have always had great customer service from Brownell's. They even replaced a shot timer I bought there when it was past the manufactures warranty. 100% customer satisfaction they said. I have had times when I could not contact them because they were so busy. Kept at it until I got a hold of them on the phone.

Anyone else have terrible experiences with Brownell's and Sinclair customer service?

I've spent over $500 there in the past few months and am waiting on another order and have not received any answers in 3 attempts. Nobody seems to care where my order is either. I have received orders that I placed after that one.

Is this typical, or am I just that "unlucky"?

Pretty Frustrated.
Steve

My guess is your a victim of overwhelmed and understaffed during holiday and hunting season. Happens to me as well.

I have nothing but good things to say about them.
Always answered my questions straight away(well considering the time difference) via email.

Yes, and its not the holidays. I ordered a pound of powder from them a month ago and havent seen hide nor hair of it and no communication. I also bought some scope mount rails from them and they sent the wrong ones and have not responded to my complaint. Two different orders. AND, who is Sinclair? I have always tried to avoid Brownells because of just this so when I ordered from Sinclair I didnt know I was ordering from Brownells. Am I paying a commission to Sinclair to get the goods from Brownells??

As of yesterday I had their Varmint/Tactical bipod come apart on me rendering it totally unusable. One of the pins/springs that adjust the leg width came out and flew off to only God knows where letting the leg just freely flop around. I immediately called them and explained the situation to a very nice customer service rep. She sent to my email a free return shipping label and said that since they do not have them in stock right now (and no idea when they will get them in) they would issue me a gift certificate for the original purchase price ($199.99) once their techs receive it and take a look at it. I feel like they took care of me the best they could......so far. ;)

I've never had a problem with Brownells, but I haven't ordered from them recently either. I have ordered from Midway a couple times this year and they did well. Stuff at my door in just a few days when they said a week or better on ordering.

I've had excellent customer service from them in thenpast. As others have stated, it's likely due to so many people buying and returning thins these days. It's got to be overwhelming. Keep trying, I'm sure they will take care of you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.