Brown Bear Down!

c-ne-elk

One off hand shot at 125 yards from a 338 Win Mag using a 250g Partition, bear went STRAIGHT down, fell off the bank into the creek. Bear was at a slight angle to me, entry was middle of the shoulder exited at the base of the neck on the off side with a one inch exit hole. I will NEVER forget the sound of the bullet hitting this beast! WHACK!! Squared 10'-2" with a 26 3/4" skull.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 224
Great bear, like the dark color. Father and son with pub down the road shot 2 bears like that and are full mounted standing up in business,big dudes

I did not have a set of scales on me big enough to weigh him but they say a mature brown bear weighs in at about 1500 lbs. my bear did not have a lot of fat on him so maybe 1300 lbs? He seemed to weigh every bit of that while trying to get him out of the creek.

Awesome bear. What a thrill!!

How the hell do you get a 1300lb bear out of a creek like that??? Surely there had to be some equipment involved. Doesn't look like anything stout enough around there to rig up a block and tackle and I don't think a few dudes tugging on him would do it.

Congrats!!

Recent Posts