Coast bear down

coastbuck

This is my cousins bear. A lot of hard work and time went into this. 300 yard shot quartering away. 7mm rem mag 168 berger classic hunter. 3000 fps trajectory validated to 1100 yards. Nice size storm came through and we caught this guy making his way through the big reprod. Bergers did there job very well. In fact first berger kill for my cousin. Blood trail was crazy. Bear made it 30 to 40 yards tops.

Attachments

• 123_1.jpg
    123_1.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 123_1_2.jpg
    123_1_2.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 123_1_3.jpg
    123_1_3.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 145
Nicebear....unless you are familiar with the PNW coastal forest, you just can not appreciate how thick and steep those hunting areas can be.

Congrats

Thanks orchemo that thing was in a hole lol. Had to call reinforcement to get him out it was a long night by the time we got home. After we cape him out and took him to the butcher he was 215 lbs hanging. So I'm guessing he was 275 to 300 lbs on the hoof.

I got this guy yesterday after storm passed through couple days ago. Not much for long range but here are the specs. 300 win mag 210 for at 2850 trajectory validated out to 1200. Like I said shot was close but the problem im having with it is there wasn't much of a exit. I mean the bullet did it's job that bear was drt. Vitals we're mush. I just thought there would of been more of a exit wound. Bullet immediately open after passing through the rib cage in the impact side but all in all the exit wasn't the size of a silver dollar just wondering if any body else has experienced this. Like I said bullet did it's job just expected a bigger exit.

Attachments

• 6890.jpg
    6890.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 140
Sounds to me like the bullet did just what its designed to do. penetrate 3-4 inches and shed 30 to 90% of its weight.

ive had a few close range shots like that with bergers with no exit. these were deer.

No complaints here about the bullet performance north Idaho hunter. I mean it anchored him on the spot. Just expected bigger exit. That was the last of my 210. Gonna start load development with the 215. Extra boost of bc and hopefully velocity like everybody is saying got me excited to see new life in my 300 win.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.