Brass question

I am using ADG/Gunwerks brass in my 6.5prc and so far I love it.....I've never owned quality brass so I can't tell you much other than when I was messing with my Valkyrie I learned to get quality brass right away, if available. Some say the Hornady brass is better than it once was, which is fine, but all that expense to find out its crap, wasted materials and time isn't worth it in my book. I knew what I was buying with Gunwerks, quality, Hornady could be a hit or miss from what I've read here and there.
Glad I bought 200pcs when I did, awhile back I checked on it and the price went up☹️ per 100.

I don't want to start a riot or anything, but I've been using the Hornady 6.5 PRC brass and have no complaints. I've got a dozen shots on most of them. I believe I've thrown out 2 with split necks. I run Lapua brass in most everything else, but the Hornady works for me in the PRC.

I don't want to start a riot or anything, but I've been using the Hornady 6.5 PRC brass and have no complaints. I've got a dozen shots on most of them. I believe I've thrown out 2 with split necks. I run Lapua brass in most everything else, but the Hornady works for me in the PRC.
I wasn't trying to knock Hornady brass, some have no issues some do, I just didn't want the chance for it to mess up and be wasting components, I've never used it in the prc or really much anything for precision shooting. Getting the best or next to the best brass right away to keep from being aggravated and wasting time and components "if" things didn't work with Hornady brass was what I was after.

Idk each to their own, I really didn't want to pay that price for Gunwerks brass but in the end I'm happy I did, piece of mind and I know it's not the brass....it could be my reloading 😉

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts