• Federal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remington

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Winchester

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Starline because in the grand scheme of things have had very few problems and find their product to be equal to Lapua and Norma (too soft). I do spend a lot of time preparing my brass before use and cull what I don't like. Peterson is good, but the tiny flash hole means I have another tool to deprime the small primer brass.

Interesting. I use Hornady match, Lapua, and Peterson these days. I had some Federal, but too many case blow-outs, and Winchester was not unifrom enough for me. Which really means nothing to anyone but me, as there are many other brands i have no experienc with, but what I use works, so ........................

I'll echo that Alpha, ADG and Peterson need to be on the list. Those 3 and Lapua are the top of the list. Some if this is also cartridge specific too. I prefer Starline for straight walled cases such as 357 Mag, 44 Mag and 45-70, it is the best I have used in those calibers. In 5.56 and 308/30-06 Lake City can be excellent. Hornady seems to be very hit an miss with some cartridges being decent/ok (dare I say even good?) and others utter garbage. One that comes to mind is the LRM that Hornady made which was utter garbage and has all but killed that chambering. Time will tell if the new ADG stuff can recover it.

I only use standard calibers so I'm sure my vote won't count. For 270 win Remington brass for me. 556 and 762x51 LC all the way. I do have some Lapua brass in 762x39 I got it for stupid cheap on gun broker 150 for 500 but haven't used it yet it's pretty. I can't bring myself to pay 2 dollars apiece for brass.

PETERSON!!!!!!!!

no question, because as best I can tell it's not practically any worse than lapua and adg BUT it can be obtained (as in I've obtained some recently haha) and is less expensive for what appears to be an equal product.

the poll could be revised to include Peterson, adg, ppu (which is surprisingly good), and possibly rws and sako…this isn't very common out there but I happen to have some I've yet to load in .300 win mag. Anyone have any experience with sako brass? Do they in fact make their own or is it just made by another company (my money would be on Norma)?

MagnunManiac, I am getting ready to load some Norma 300wm brass, should I stay with a lower node?
Not necessarily, but you can't run it at max either.
It has the largest capacity of all brass made, and most loads won't be at max in it anyway, all I'm saying is don't try to match the velocity you get in other brass brands. Norma brass has unusually thin webs, all of it's belted mag brass have the belt above the web, this is unheard of in all other brands of brass.
I went through 200 pieces in a season on one barrel and the cases were toast, pockets were so loose that new primers would fall out while the cases sat in the loading block. They had only been fired 5 times, that's a whole lotta money down the toilet for me, Norma brass here runs at over $2AUD each, and the bigger the case the more it costs.
Anyway, it's very good brass within it's limits.

Cheers.

OP, thanks. If you get feedback on other manufactures missing, I might start one for best value and/or best quality that you can buy within a month if you check stock once per day or week. LOL