Brass culling, 7 WSM, Winchester

TX mountain hunter

F92D88A1-3849-4ADE-8D30-67E3DBB010A6.jpeg
898FC08D-2D14-4A64-B7DD-0313A8CA59AD.jpeg
727BF626-9013-4EA5-999F-4E3A08221B97.jpeg

That's not making me feel good about some Win. 7WSM brass I recently bought. I'll have to weight some out and see what I get.
I didn't even bother weighing it. I was so disgusted in the amount of faulty cases, I didn't even prep them properly.
Winchester used to be so good and consistent, I used it for competition…not anymore with the junk they put out.
Their brand has gone to the wall ever since Browning took over the license.
We can't even get their rifles here in Australia, everything is Browning advertised. I hate Browning rifles…as ugly as Savage rifles IMHO.

Cheers.

In 7WSM you don't have too many choices for brass. However, you "could" just rechamber to 7-300wsm and use higher quality brass if you were so inclined. I just stayed with my 7WSM and carefully prepped my Win brass. I do not weight sort but that might help.
Using Win brass I have developed loads that will regularly print under 2" at 400yds. That is far more accurate then I really need for hunting whitetails. Most of my (semi) longrange kills have been just under 500yds. A 1 moa load would have actually worked but a .5moa load breeds confidence.

Appreciate the input from all. 1/4 MOA has been the target goal for this rifle (w 175 eldx or 160 accubond). Custom carbon rifle.

Any more advice out there on working within the constraints I have?

At this point, I'd get one group of brass together and start with middle-of-road loads powder wise with the bullets you want to shoot and see how it goes. If you going to be shooting way out there - then I'd try a ladder on a couple powders with each bullet. Just keep in mind - for the best accuracy- it might not come with the bullet you want to shoot. Good luck and don't be disappointed with below .500" unless it is a bench rifle.

At this point, I'd get one group of brass together and start with middle-of-road loads powder wise with the bullets you want to shoot and see how it goes. If you going to be shooting way out there - then I'd try a ladder on a couple powders with each bullet. Just keep in mind - for the best accuracy- it might not come with the bullet you want to shoot. Good luck and don't be disappointed with below .500" unless it is a bench rifle.

I can't click like on your post since I didn't like reading that .5" part, lol. Although appreciate the honesty and more so the input.

I can't click like on your post since I didn't like reading that .5" part, lol. Although appreciate the honesty and more so the input.
I know how you feel 😆, but I've had some pretty good rifles including a 6ppc and it was not a .250" shooter every time it went to the range. Wind or no. Then, you may very well be a far better shot than I. That or someone else has all the good rifles 😀😀😀

Recent Posts