7 WSM brass

Varmint Hunter

Anyone have an idea where I can get some 7 WSM brass? Currently using Winchester and Federal but it's pretty well exhausted.

I've seen some Norma 270 WSM brass available. Is it practical to reform this brass to 7 WSM?

Anyone have an idea where I can get some 7 WSM brass? Currently using Winchester and Federal but it's pretty well exhausted.

I've seen some Norma 270 WSM brass available. Is it practical to reform this brass to 7 WSM?

According to the SAAMI specs, 270WSM and 300WSM brass are 1.664" base to shoulder and 2.1" long. 7WSM brass is 1.701" base to shoulder and 2.1" long.

I have fire-formed a bunch of 300WSM to 7WSM with great success. I used the 300WSM brass and only partially sized the neck leaving a false shoulder for the case to headspace on. One shot through the full length die and you are ready to shoot.

The only down side is your 7WSM brass now has a 300WSM headstamp.

According to the SAAMI specs, 270WSM and 300WSM brass are 1.664" base to shoulder and 2.1" long. 7WSM brass is 1.701" base to shoulder and 2.1" long.

I have fire-formed a bunch of 300WSM to 7WSM with great success. I used the 300WSM brass and only partially sized the neck leaving a false shoulder for the case to headspace on. One shot through the full length die and you are ready to shoot.

The only down side is your 7WSM brass now has a 300WSM headstamp.
I have done that several times myself, but needed to pay special attention to trimming.
still cant chamber the newly formed brass in a 300wsm, so no worries!