Brand new Bergera 300 win mag not shooting accurately

I was going to recommend, since this is a new bullet, to start over on a seating depth test with a minimum charge of powder for that powder and bullet combo. It should tell you what it likes with that bullet.

Well, I have nearly shot up the box of Noslers and never could get an accurate group. I have another brand new box which I will not open, but will try to trade. The only thing I have not tried is shooting them close to jam. But everyone says they need jump. I may try, but I am greatly disappointed in them. I have some Bergers. They shoot a little better, but not like Hornady's. I also have some Sierra match kings I have not tried yet. But I have improved my Hornady load as I found a different way to measure jam. I set these at .010 jump and am making a ragged hole at 100 yards. So all I need is to find Hornady bullets.

Optics Planet will let you backorder 208 ELD-Ms. $42 up front and an 8-10 month waiting list. But you'll be on the list at least:

I'm on the list for Sub-Xs, have been for 6 months. Sucks, but that's life right now. I did get a funnel today from the same backorder finally.

Grafs will let you backorder them also, not sure if they charge up front or not.

Just shot this group out of a buddies Bergara 300wm with 190gr SMK's 100yds.
No idea on the load but appear to be seated to SAMMI OAL?
Rifle only has maybe 40 rounds on the barrel

Attachments

• 20210106_161557.jpg
    20210106_161557.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 63
Just shot this group out of a buddies Bergara 300wm with 190gr SMK's 100yds.
No idea on the load but appear to be seated to SAMMI OAL?
Rifle only has maybe 40 rounds on the barrel
That is excellent. looks like he is not going through what I did. Now that I have had mine glass bedded and found the load, I can say it is now shooting. I wish I did not have to go through what I did, but I am happy now. I have heard that these rifles are accurate right out of the box for some. Mine is now.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.