Boyd's stocks

Springtom

Hello Guys,

I'm picking a new mossberg patriot predator with the plans to put new parts and upgrades on it, myself. Without many aftermarket stock choices, Boyd's seems like a good idea.

Has anyone used the Boyd's stocks? I actually had my eye on the heritage model in claro x walnut.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Semper fi

I have had several and have one now on my most accurate rifle. They are cheap in price and fit but not in structure build and outside finish. You will need to do some work to make it fit and shoot as a long range gun. I like doing that sort of thing and like adding my touch to the guns. at least you will need to trim out and fit the stock to be bedded. Many install pillars, I have not had to go that route. Trimming ample to bed solid has been good for me. The AT-ONE stock is beautiful w/great features for price.

I have had several and have one now on my most accurate rifle. They are cheap in price and fit but not in structure build and outside finish. You will need to do some work to make it fit and shoot as a long range gun. I like doing that sort of thing and like adding my touch to the guns. at least you will need to trim out and fit the stock to be bedded. Many install pillars, I have not had to go that route. Trimming ample to bed solid has been good for me. The AT-ONE stock is beautiful w/great features for price.
Thanks. They offer an "aluminum pillar bedding" option. I wasn't sure if I needed to go that route.

Springtom, although Coop2564 doesn't use pillars. For you, I think having Boyds install the pillars would be a very good option for you. The steel pillars are small hollow tubes that are bedded in the stock where the action screws pass through before they screw into the action. This stops the action screws from compressing the bare wood that they would pass through otherwise and allows the action to be torqued tight to the stock without damaging the wood which, in turn causes the action to come loose in the stock. Boyds does a good job installing the pillars. I actually make my own pillars these days from lamp shade tubing of all things. But I think, for your first stock, having the pillars already installed would be the way to go.

I've installed several Boyd's stocks. The inletting is very generic to fit all the actions it's made for. Bedding is a must as well as checking fit. They are very strong and the options offered are great. The price is very reasonable. Like their installed pillars. Good luck

Hello Guys,

I'm picking a new mossberg patriot predator with the plans to put new parts and upgrades on it, myself. Without many aftermarket stock choices, Boyd's seems like a good idea.

Has anyone used the Boyd's stocks? I actually had my eye on the heritage model in claro x walnut.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Semper fi
There are great stocks they fit perfect free floated and pillar bedded