Boyd's stocks: worth the investment?

I think the Boyds lightweight thumb hole stock (with a little finish work around the thumb hole) is a comfortable shooting stock and a great value. Agree with having them apply the limbsaver pad as an option. Here are a couple of 300 WM a recent put together. They are both piller bedded and turned out to be great shooters with the stock barrels. Was able to get 1/3 MOA with the tikka and 1/2 MOA with the 700 using Berger 200gr Hybrids. I put the 700 on the scale showing it weighs in at 9.6 lbs with the scope as pictured. I took the tikka elk hunting this season and to 200gr Hybrid performed very well

Attachments

• IMG_2014.jpg
    IMG_2014.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2015.jpg
    IMG_2015.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 117
Question: do the Boyd's stocks for Savage Axis rifles come with a recoil lug, or do you need to keep the original lug from the factory stock?

mega, call Boyd's at 605-996-5011. They can give you all info and take your order if wanted.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.