Boyd’s stock pillars Installed

scdogman

Last time I bought a Boyd's stock, pillar weren't an option.

Are the pillars worth the cost or should I install my own?

Thanks

What action/stock?

My guns are single shot, no magazine wells/bottom metal except trigger guard. So the front pillars are set nicely flush to the exterior.
My actions are round and pillar portions just under the action are rounded to matching form.
I wouldn't attempt that much myself. I'd let the stock finisher do it along with the bedding.

I would do my own. I bought a Boyds with pillars installed and ended up drilling them out and installing my own. They were not spaced correctly.

For me, it's more of a question of who is installing the pillars. Would I have Boyd's do it... probably not. If i'm finishing it myself, i'll do it. If i'm having LRI or GAP or Kirby finish the stock. They're doing it 🤣

Even if I had Boyd's do it prior to shipping, I still have to bed the action. It's just as easy (for me) to install/bed the pillars at the same time.

At least, that's how my mind works.

t

T
For me, it's more of a question of who is installing the pillars. Would I have Boyd's do it... probably not. If i'm finishing it myself, i'll do it. If i'm having LRI or GAP or Kirby finish the stock. They're doing it 🤣

Even if I had Boyd's do it prior to shipping, I still have to bed the action. It's just as easy (for me) to install/bed the pillars at the same time.

At least, that's how my mind works.

t

I add the pillars and then bed the action.

Thanks all.