Effects of installing bottom metal and pillars into a stock Tikka

Tac-O

I ordered a kit form Coretac Solutions awhile back which includes an atlasworx bottom metal (factory oem style), correctly sized pillars from lumley arms, titanium recoil lug, lumley arms trigger spring, and a stainless color aluminum bolt shroud. It came in the mail today and I'm excited!!

This is going on my Tikka t3x superlite, which is completely stock. I didn't cut the ribs out of the stock, so it is still rocking the pressure points that are located just in front of the barrel throat. I have a load for it that shoots extremely well, probably in the neighborhood of 1/2 MOA or better.

I'm wondering if anyone has installed a bottom metal and pillars into their factory Tikka that still has the pressure points in the stock. I'm wondering where I should start with my action screw torque settings. I currently use 40 in/lbs on both screws. I'm sure if I use the exact same torque settings, it might be off with my current load due to the pillars possibly causing the action to sit slightly higher in the stock. I understand the pilllars should be flush with the action bed, but I doubt it will be perfect. Maybe I'll glass bed it at some point, but I don't want to immediately. I also don't want to cut the pressure points out of the stock, because they're working well as is.

Thoughts?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts