Boycott UPS

Certainly there will be instantly surplus reloading, parts, firearms sitting in warehouses and catastrophic losses and closures of our suppliers if this holds out.
I do see the industries filing a massive lawsuit against carriers based on commerce laws in force. If no laws are being broken, shippers cannot willy nilly discriminate.
I can see the current political situation to slow walk investigations and prosecutions however. Those people despise us.
For a business minded guy with $, might be opportunity here if the businesses can survive that long. Millions of jobs are at stake.

Where should a boycott begin.....
Maybe at the local SportingGoods chain stores.......afterall....outdoor enthusiasts dollars support them.....they better fight to keep pricing down and fight the shipping companies..or create their own shipping companies.....

ok we all vote then what?

I don't have answers but we best figure it out while there is still a little freedom left in this country. they are using the purple haired freaks and women wearing white sweatpants with red paint on them to control the corporate world and they are winning.

Rubio_header2.png
Dear Mr. Lowery:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the Biden Administration's recently unveiled "ghost gun" rule. Understanding your views helps me to better represent Florida in the United States Senate, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond.
I have always supported Americans' right to bear arms as ensured by the Second Amendment. I am also committed to working with my colleagues in the Senate to prevent gun violence.
On April 11, 2022, President Biden announced that the U.S. Department of Justice's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearm and Explosives (ATF) would be implementing a new rule purportedly addressing "ghost guns." The term "ghost guns" refers to kits that can be bought online and assembled into a firearm, and that often do not possess serial numbers or require background checks. The new rule redefines frame or receiver, now classifying these individual parts as firearms in-and-of themselves. In addition to redefining the term "firearm," the ATF's new rule also creates new reporting requirements for gun retailers.
Currently, private firearm dealers are required to keep certain purchase records which contain the customer's personal information and the firearm purchased for 20 years, after which the records may be disposed of. Under the new ATF rule, gun retailers would be forced to maintain all records indefinitely, including personal information of the buyer, until they go out of business, after which they are required to turn these records over to the ATF. In effect, this means the ATF will have a record of every gun sale in the United States conducted since 2002, creating a de-facto national gun registry, contrary to federal law.
When unveiling this rule, President Biden, who has consistently taken lenient stances on crime in our cities and at the Southern Border, claimed that the ATF's new rule would save lives and reduce crime. However, according to ATF data, "ghost guns" were used in less than .36% of homicides between 2016 and 2020. The impact of the ATF's rule will have little to no impact on crime and primarily impact law-abiding citizens, while also effectively creating a national gun registry.
That's why, on April 27, 2022, I joined Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) in introducing Senate Joint Resolution 45, A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives relating to "Definition of 'Frame or Receiver' and Identification of Firearms." This resolution, if enacted, formally states that Congress disapproves of the Biden ATF's proposed rule and would render it null and void.
It is an honor and a privilege to serve you as your United States Senator. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I consider these issues and continue working to ensure America remains a safe and prosperous nation.

Rubio_Graphic_Signatue_Block.png

Each week, I provide a weekly update on issues in Washington and ways in which my office can assist the people of Florida. Sign up here for updates on my legislative efforts, schedule of events throughout Florida, constituent services, and much more.

Since USPS is a gov agency I think they are bound by the second amendment. It will be difficult for them to take a discriminatory position on firearms and related products.

If Rubio wants to do something about gun violence he should look towards swift corporal punishment, in public, for un- just shooters. Quit looking for common ground with those that want to turn us into Cuba. Death row should last as long as it takes to set up the gallows on the 50 yard line.

For some strange reason, the powers-to-be just can't seem to stop what they call the "iron pipeline"; the transportation of illegal handguns from the south to northern cities. But they sure are working on ways to stop the lawful use and transportation of firearms that hurt no one.

These are crazy times when right is wrong and wrong is right. I hope it's all just a bad dream.

Last edited:
Since USPS is a gov agency I think they are bound by the second amendment. It will be difficult for them to take a discriminatory position on firearms and related products.

Although you are correct. How many times have yous seen Article 1 section 8 bastardized to fit their agenda. I believe this is what they will use to block the USPS from crossing state lines with guns.

"To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes"

It will take a big change in politics to fix the firearm & related products shipping problem including legislative action, penalties & enforcement.

Any boycots would be ineffective. How many ways can shipments be made? - DHL (165 miles away from my location), USPS. Fed Ex, UPS - not good. I will only ship a firearm when no other options are available and have used UPS to ship rifles, next day, completely insured, signature required.

Apparently shipping companies seize property that they think is illegal, like from enemy nations or from prohibited operations using slave labor in certain countries. This stuff has been extended into guns, hooking into lowers without serial numbers. A desire to be compliant with ruling authority encourages UPS and others to have bias against the shooting sports.

What can be done - not much. Wifey & I got disgusted with political operations in several states and being retired sold out & moved (don't like political weenies). I do my own deliveries but at gas prices at about $5 per gallon & motel prices usually at over $125 per night this limits delivery ops. Many miles have been logged to and from various gunsmiths.

A change in politics is the only solution - VOTE.

USPS will not ship handguns. Those need to go FFL to FFL and via FedEx or UPS or other commercial carrier.
Is this something new? A couple of months ago I sold a pistol on here and I shipped it (inside its factory case) in a USPS medium flat rate box. My FFL gave me a letter to take to the post office declaring what it was along with his 'credentials' and they accepted it without question. 🤔

Is this something new? A couple of months ago I sold a pistol on here and I shipped it (inside its factory case) in a USPS medium flat rate box. My FFL gave me a letter to take to the post office declaring what it was along with his 'credentials' and they accepted it without question. 🤔
Yes new law.I don't believe it was supposed to go into affect until sometime in August.