Boy cries WOlF.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to kill "dogs," focus on coyotes. No problems there. They are expanding and look to be thriving. Domestics have humans and wolves are too few. I'm all about conservation. I will never support the sole preservation, or eradication of any species. There needs to be a balance.
carl 1775, uninformed
Just in Yellowstone park they were supposed to manage for 30 breeding pairs, now there are 300-500 breeding pairs, Decimating the Moose Elk and Deer. There is no balance right now!

I'm posting this because after reading a previous post I'm wondering in the heat of the moment and depending on how long or short you may..... or may not have (a few seconds or more, and/or in a few nanoseconds) could you tell what you see here in a few seconds?

Be honest too, what's on the ground? Anything in the photo that seems odd?

Most of the time you might only get a quick second or two....... maybe a little more depending on the Timber or whatever small openings there are at the time until your quarry runs off.

So what is it?

View attachment 163579
That is a red wolf. They resemble a coyote just a little bigger and rounded ears

Come on Mtmuley we are waiting. Where's the fish and game reports, the third party studies, the scientific evidence that wolves do no harm, infact are a boon to ungulate populations? As soon as someone mentions the possibility that the wolf may have a negative impact on their elk hunting you immediately begin name-calling "misinformed, ill-informed, gullible losers".
So show us the evidence..
Other than " you saw a wolf in 2004 and you still see the occasional elk track "

I just don't think people that live in another State should pass down Laws that affect a entire State or Community that was built around what they valued, or their lifestyle..... That's all.

Not only is it an out of state issue - passing down laws that impact another state. It is an in state issue as well - when a liberal, bleeding heart legislature acts in opposition to the hunting population. Unfair and destined to destroy the very industry that once supported so many rural communities and businesses. I'll stifle the remainder of my rant. Gibbs

My dog wears orange in hunting season. Too bad though. I like dogs. When I shot my wolf I was a little afraid it was someones dog but figured no way because of where I was.

Well I haven't read this entire thread, I've seen coyotes with a curved tail, I've only seen 8 or 9 wolves in my life and I've never been able to kick one in the head, but I'm gonna go with coyote or perhaps a hybrid, what was the weight? I've killed over 300 coyotes the biggest one weighed a even 45 pounds but had the frame to be even larger, it was in 1981 at a elevation of over ten thousand feet in a wilderness area in California , I'm pretty sure it was not a domestic coyote gone back to the wild or had been dumpster diving, I packed it out and weighed it a day latter, it's been a long time but this one sure reminds me of that coyote.

Come on Mtmuley we are waiting. Where's the fish and game reports, the third party studies, the scientific evidence that wolves do no harm, infact are a boon to ungulate populations? As soon as someone mentions the possibility that the wolf may have a negative impact on their elk hunting you immediately begin name-calling "misinformed, ill-informed, gullible losers".
So show us the evidence..
Other than " you saw a wolf in 2004 and you still see the occasional elk track "
Find any post where I stated wolves do no harm. Waiting... mtmuley

Status
Not open for further replies.