Bow for 12 year old daughter

stoner

My daughter has been begging for a bow for the last year. I am not sure what to purchase because I do not bow hunt. Looking for a starter bow recommendation. Nothing cheap but nothing that will break the bank either. She has only shot them at camps. I am a rifle hunter not bow but gladly take the opportunity for my daughter to hunt with me.

My daughter has been begging for a bow for the last year. I am not sure what to purchase because I do not bow hunt. Looking for a starter bow recommendation. Nothing cheap but nothing that will break the bank either. She has only shot them at camps. I am a rifle hunter not bow but gladly take the opportunity for my daughter to hunt with me.
My grandsons (10 and 12) are using the diamond infinity. They are extremely adjustable in both draw weight and length. Can find them used set up and ready to shoot in the 2 to 3 hundred dollar range.

My wife has her 1st bow she would like to sale. It is a mission craze which is built by Mathews. The bow is in great shape and has been shot very little. Wife didn't get into bow hunting like she thought she would so it has been sitting in the closet for some time. Bow is very adjustable and will grow with her. Shoot me a text or PM if you are interested. 940-four35-nine4zero8.

I bought both my wife and daughter the Diamond infinite edge pro. I found them used on craigslist. Very adjustable and fairly inexpensive. I think I got one for 200 and the other for 250 that included arrows, case and release. They mainly shoot 3d targets but they have proved to meet our needs. My daughter is a little small to set the poundage for legal hunting yet so she uses my crossbow for hunting.

https://diamondarchery.com/bows/infinite-edge-pro/

Find an archery shop so you can take her in to try a test bow to check draw length and to help determine how much weight she can handle.

A bow needs to fit much like a pair of shoes.
You can use some that don't fit, but it will never be comfortable.

After going through this same thing with my wife a few years ago snyper708 is absolutely right. A bow is is like a pair of glasses. Customized 100% to the shooter. Somebody else can't pick it up and it shoot the same. I have tried. Even a release is different. My buddy tried my release once and we measured and it was the same length but when he shot it was way off. I ended up buying my wife a bear apprentice 2. Its a decent bow. Not amazing but not bad at all. I wasn't sure if she would like it or not so I didn't want to spend a ton. The only problem with it is it maxxed out at 45 lbs I think.

Lots of choices out there, but the best advice as mentioned is to take her to a quality bow shop and let her shoot as many bows that are available. She will shoot better and enjoy it more with the one she chooses.

Now for my recommendation for brand would be anything in the Hoyt line. They are quality and durable. Also, easy to tune and rock solid warranty.

My daughter and wife both have a mission craze so that's my vote too.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.