Bought Ammo... Flame away on me....

Lowest price on AmmoSeek this morning....... And I thought I was scalped at $119.

View attachment 347552
$8s every squeeze on the ol trigger!
I remember last year my friend ran out of 338LM during a several day shoot. Local store had them at $7 per round. I had a hard time believing the price because haven't bought any factory rifle ammo since I was a kid.
Can't see why 6.5PRC should cost soo much

I'm probably going to be paying Gunbroker prices for some primers soon…again. First time was for some CCI450's last spring when SR primers were unobtainium and I had a PRS match coming up. This time around because I'm building a turn key 308 hunting rig plus full load development for a friend that shoots quite a bit. I've got a couple thousand LR primers for myself and my stepdad, but I can't feed all three of us for the season without at least one more brick. In the end, long range shooting is a perishable skill, and I'd rather spend a little more and keep myself sharp.

I just did.... Been three months without Large Rifle Magnum and Small Rifle... and just paid $30 a 100. It is what it is.... but I ain't doing without.

Guess the minute we bitch and moan about bullets, cases, primers, ammo..... We can smell the coffee when it takes $170 to fill the tank on the F250.

It's just the way it is in the good ole US of A these days.

I just did.... Been three months without Large Rifle Magnum and Small Rifle... and just paid $30 a 100. It is what it is.... but I ain't doing without.

Guess the minute we bitch and moan about bullets, cases, primers, ammo..... We can smell the coffee when it takes $170 to fill the tank on the F250.

It's just the way it is in the good ole US of A these days.

To add insult to injury, I just missed CCI 250's at Brownell's by only seconds. Literally had them in my cart. Lol.

Found it and bought it.... 'cause I'm fed up, looking at the gun in the safe with no ammo.

Hornady 6.5 PRC 147 grain ELD MATCH

I know I deserved to be flamed.... so flame away....

I paid $6.25 a round.

A man's got to do what a man's got to do ,a rifle with no ammo is just a club.buy enough to get you by and then hold out for better times nothing else to do really.

Can't remember where exactly but I saw some for 102.00 last week.

Patience boys and girls, patience, eventually it will come back down. Not to the prices we were paying a year ago in all likelihood but less.

Yeah, last week there was some 6.5 PRC on AmmoSeek for $89 a box, but it was some off-brand with 120 SPs'. I reload, so I want decent brass if I buy ammo.

But wow.... how about $200 a box this morning.... 6.5 PRC has only gone up for the past 2 months.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 7.38.46 AM.png

By the way, I did find and buy 50 pieces of Nosler 6.5PRC brass for $90.

Once I fire the two boxes I have, I will have 90 pieces of brass to reload and play with.

I have 200 Hornady pills of the 147gr variety..... Primers are on the way, as well.

Yeah, last week there was some 6.5 PRC on AmmoSeek for $89 a box, but it was some off-brand with 120 SPs'. I reload, so I want decent brass if I buy ammo.

But wow.... how about $200 a box this morning.... 6.5 PRC has only gone up for the past 2 months.

View attachment 347802
Things are still nuts and there are a whole lot of people out there who don't feel the least bit of compunction about price gouging while they can. That includes some of the major retailers.

Take a look on GB and you'll find some names you know very well doing so.

I have been able to score some good deals, all things considering, on .223/5.56, 9mm, .30-06 and .22-250 even .357 Mag., .22LR and .22WMR.

The several thousand rounds include all the above and more. I haven't found deals on shotshell. I could sure use 12ga 7 or 7.5 shot for both trap/skeet/five stand as well as dove and quail. Its been a no go. I have plenty of 6 shot for duck. Since I married I don't see opportunities to hunt duck.

The best deals I've found is on .22LR and .22WMR. I scored 500 rounds of WMR. I ran out of room in the safe. Now the master bedroom closest is the short on space.

Buds Gun Shop had Precision Hunter for $89.99 a box yesterday. I was buying it last fall for $57 a box. I know the guys there fairly well since I deliver to them and joked with them that I couldn't even sell it on Gunbroker now for a profit. They said that is the reason that they have it priced as such. You cannot go to any local gun show with out finding 6.5 PRC ammo for $90+ a box. Almost all of it has Bass Pro or Cabelas barcodes on the boxes.

Buds Gun Shop had Precision Hunter for $89.99 a box yesterday. I was buying it last fall for $57 a box. I know the guys there fairly well since I deliver to them and joked with them that I couldn't even sell it on Gunbroker now for a profit. They said that is the reason that they have it priced as such. You cannot go to any local gun show with out finding 6.5 PRC ammo for $90+ a box. Almost all of it has Bass Pro or Cabelas barcodes on the boxes.

I haven't considered that. Its likely that the ammo sold on Gun Broker have Bass Pro and Cabelas barcodes too.

Don't know everyone's opinions on Norma Ammo, but I am giving it a chance, as I can buy it right now for $65 box. 143gr Match.