Bottom metal for detachable mag for rem 700?

zr600

Ok I'm trying to figure out what to use for bottom metal I want a detachable mag. I'm going to be building a 280 Sherman. So what are my options for mags? I seen the wyatts detachable mag on red hawk page but it doesn't give a oal for the mag. The other mag I found is only 3.41 and I need like 3.6. Or am I going to be stuck with a hinged floor plate? This will be a Remington 700 la on a Grayboe terrain stock. Any advice would be great.

Acis 3.715 is the standard. If you hurry mdt has metal mags 5-10 and 12 round for half price. They also sell cip mags which are 3.85 for lapua stw weatherby etc. I bought some for 308 this morning. The long action might need the feed lips turned in for standard case head.

If you are going to carry this rifle as a hunting rig...I would go with the HS-Precision.

The Mags are long enough, they do not rattle, they are padded on the lower corners of the mags, with no sharp edges, and the mag release does not stick out to get stuck on things...

Might need to do some "slight" modification on your stock to make room for the mag catch/release.

The mags will handle 3.7" COAL with ease.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.