Pics of Curtis Custom bottom metal for Rem 700 SA

Sdupontjr

I'm looking for any pic that you guys might have of the Curtis Custom bottom. I'm looking for a flush mounted DBM system similiar to the HS precision gen 2, but was told the Curtis Custom system is better. I do like the mag release integrated into the trigger guard, thus nothing sticking out ot get snagged on. Also do they have 3-4 round mags that are flush fitting? Don't want a mag sticking way out the bottom.

I was on another forum looking for HS precision DBM, and was told to look into Curtis, but he provided no pics. I actually went to his facebook page. Lots of pics of his actions, nothing to speak of on the DBM and bottom metal.

I have short action mags in stock, bottom metal is in production and should be done in a few weeks.
You can order mags off the website.
Our mags are three round, and fit any bottom metal designed to accept AI, AICS mags. They will not work with bottom metal that protrudes below the bottom of the stock.
Any questions give me a call.

271A6B28-14C1-4B9A-BB4F-723ACBB821DA.jpeg
518F19B7-50AA-4957-816D-93100492DEAE.jpeg
EE341FC9-D7CD-4A5B-901C-E3026C7F251F.jpeg
7333ABAD-A8B7-449A-AE69-7CD0BE899710.jpeg

Looks good. How's the fit? Is it tight like the HS with little to rattle? I can't stand mags/clips that are loose and rattle especially on a hunting gun. Also is it a straight bolt on to a stock inleted for BDL like the HS is?

I have short action mags in stock, bottom metal is in production and should be done in a few weeks.
Our mags are three round, and fit any bottom metal designed to accept AI, AICS mags. They will not work with bottom metal that protrudes below the bottom of the stock.

View attachment 118055 View attachment 118056 View attachment 118057 View attachment 118058
Is your bottom metal fit into an M5 cut? It looks like it is almost flush with the stock rather than protruding. I think this would be a nice bottom metal for a hunting rifle.

That is what I'm looking for. Simple design that doesn't stick out too far and also doesn't have a release that can get caught on stuff. That short action mag, is it 3 rounds and do they have the price online?

Looks good. How's the fit? Is it tight like the HS with little to rattle? I can't stand mags/clips that are loose and rattle especially on a hunting gun. Also is it a straight bolt on to a stock inleted for BDL like the HS is?

I have one of the mags that I run in long action APA RTG bottom metal. It rattles something fierce. I actually had to add a piece of moleskin to the front of the mag to dampen the rattle but now it's hard to pull it in and out in a hurry. Not ideal. Maybe I just got a bad one? Bought mine from GA Precision about 1.5 yr ago. Had been meaning to contact Curtis and ask them about this but have not really thought about it until now. I usually am running an AI mag out of it. When I take the rifle out west, I will want to run the Curtis mag as it provides a really nice low profile for the rifle. Really like the mag and it looks well constructed, mine just rattles like crazy. Might have just got a bad one though.

Thanks Crowe284. That won't work for me. Maybe I'll just stick to BDL on this build.

View attachment 118055 View attachment 118056 View attachment 118057 View attachment 118058
Does your la mag work with pt&g howa dbm? It's an aics trigger guard

I separated myself from that company about a year and a half ago for various reasons.

You may want to check out the Terminus products by clicking the link in my signature.
I have refined all of my previous designs.

If you don't see what your looking for on the website, call me.

6AC5AA9F-492C-45A8-8895-C5856C17ADB3.jpeg

Recent Posts