Ahh, I didn't notice the insert, that explains it. Is this similar to the dummy cartridge lasers we see for sale? Would we require a different insert for each cartridge or will your's come with a chamber adapter to make them universal?

After looking at this thread I did some looking around at quality bore sighers like the SL-100 and SL-150's. What you'e developing accomplishes everything they do and more plus does it at considerably lower cost.
Yes, it is like that. The design is like the lock and load modified cartridges. However, it can't be used for that purpose the front is sealed. So whatever the specs are for a typical round to go into the chamber will be the same for RecordFire. The shells (interchangeable) are only used to guide the chamber insert into the barrel.

I would simply appreciate a fiber optic lens attachment for my phone. One that would go into my chamber and use the camera to project a cross hair onto my screen. That way I could look at 2 live pictures at once. When the crosshair in the scope and the crosshair on the screen are pointed at the same place, you are done.

The recording zero function isn't going to be all that accurate anyway, since zero's wander due to differing temperatures and lighting conditions.

I would simply appreciate a fiber optic lens attachment for my phone. One that would go into my chamber and use the camera to project a cross hair onto my screen. That way I could look at 2 live pictures at once. When the crosshair in the scope and the crosshair on the screen are pointed at the same place, you are done.
yes, the concept is much the same except for the use of sensors. If you can find the difference in distance from the line of sight and the line that extends from the barrel this will not change. The first clip at the end shows a third line being drawn from the scope to the line extending from the barrel. This third line is the adjustment of the crosshairs on the scope to intersect with the line extending from the barrel. Also, sensors will keep the cost down. Here is quote from Quora:
upload_2018-12-30_21-36-53.png

yes, the concept is much the same except for the use of sensors. If you can find the difference in distance from the line of sight and the line that extends from the barrel this will not change. The first clip at the end shows a third line being drawn from the scope to the line extending from the barrel. This third line is the adjustment of the crosshairs on the scope to intersect with the line extending from the barrel. Also, sensors will keep the cost down. Here is quote from Quora:
View attachment 115826
Not to mention that such a powerful fiber optic Zoom camera would be incredibly expensive.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.