Bore tech elimiator

red dawg

Well I'm a new fan of this stuff, I just need to know do I have too use a plastic jag with my stainless cleaning rod? I keep getting blue off my brass jags even wipeing them down when pulled out of the bore.

Bore Tech makes a coated Jag that will stop the false positives. I think dewey make one as well.

Welcome to the BTE crowd

Good Luck and shoot straight

Bob

I just keep using my brass jags and not worry about the little bit of blue that comes from them. I will say that I love this stuff. It is all I use now. It removes so much copper fouling with little to no effort. I've even let a few doubters clean their barrels with their stuff the blow their mind when I run a patch of boretech thru and it comes out royal blue from their "clean" barrel.

I just thought my 2 rifles I just cleaned were copper free till I just got finished with them! Thanks Guy"s

BTE the way to go for sure.

I use a nylon brush with aluminum spline but still get discolor from the brass bushing between the brush and rod. Flat drives me off the wall.:roll eyes:

BTE seems to leave a "soapy" residue which I am careful to remove totally from everything. Rubbing alcohol does the trick for me.

I'm in the process of making a stainless steel bushing for a carbon fiber cleaning rod. That should settle my nerves. :rolleyes:

been using eliminator for some time now. I really like it.

I use their cleaning rods, jags and nylon brushes too. no brass residue to leave false positives,

It seems to leave a film behind that conditions the bore

I have several barrels that I have used it from break-in. Kraiger and Bartlien barrels they quit coppering after 5 or 10 rounds and unless I shoot 50 or 100 rounds between cleanings they never have any blue.

May have to try BTE...is it the plain BTE or the Cu+2 cleaner that everyone uses?

Thanks.

Bore Tech Eliminator

not the copper remover. That is only for special cases. I still use Sweets for heavy copper removal. Won't need it with routine cleaning with Bore Tech Eliminator.

Yep I also found this stuff a while back and it's amazing I give a good cleaning to my long range stuff before and after a hunt. And just use a bore snake with that stuff for my ar's since most are for only shorter ranges. I usually give a good cleaning and after the hunt just a few shots run a bores air through a couple time and call it good

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.