Bore scopes

I've been wanting to get a bore scope for awhile. It sounds like teslong might be the way to go. Does anyone know where the Teslong are made? I couldn't find it on their website ?

This is the one I got for Christmas a couple of years ago. Would definitely recommend it. You could get the one that you connect to your phone or computer too, but I do like not having to fuss with anything else and just turn it on.

well now im part of the teslong community and it looks like my brand new sig barrel has pitting or looks like it

IMG_0540(1).JPGIMG_0539(1).JPGIMG_0538(1).JPGIMG_0535(1).JPG

Berrnard, that is not pitting, it is pieces cooked on carbon. The Teslong is a digital image. I had a Hawkeye bore scope for a long time that is a true optical image, and showed what these little black spots were. The first time I used my Teslong, I was looking at the bore in my 6 BRX, and it showed what looked like a patch of black specks, and I could feel them with the bronze bristle brush. I got the Hawkeye out and examined the area and it was carbon. There is no rhyme or reason as to why patches or pieces of carbon will stick to a place in a barrel.

It takes a while to figure things out, but you will get there.

I would urge you to create a "file" on each barrel. If you keep records on the number of shots fired or NOT, you can monitor the progression of the wear. The pattern of wear will amaze you over time.

Last edited:
I would agree with others on the Teslong. I purchased one a while back and find them handy for checking a lot of things that could not be seen before. It can be attached to a computer or phone. Spend a little more and it comes with it's own screen.
Buy the one that connects to your smart phone by bluetooth. Then you have great resolution of images and can capture either stills or videos.