Bore Scope Help

So am I beating my head against a rock trying or wanting the flats in pic 2 near the chamber to look like pic 3 near the muzzle?

For me personally there are two times to use a bore scope.
1. When a rifle stops shooting well. In my case, I found a lot of copper fouling.
2. When buying a firearm, make sure nothing seriously wrong in the barrel.

Last edited:
I bought on several years ago. Used its to check out the barrels on several of my rifles. Made my hair stand up. I knew they shot great. Haven't used it in over a year. That was to check barrel of rifle I was loading for that wasn't shooting good. I doubt it had ever been cleaned. Hope I don't use it again for a while. It just makes you crazy.

Last edited:
I bought on several years ago. Used its to check out the barrels on several of my rifles. Made my hair stand up. I knew they shot great. Haven't used it in over a year. That was to check barrel of rifle I was loading for that wasn't shooting good. I doubt it had even been cleaned. Hope I don't use it again for a while. It just makes you crazy.
That's for sure!!! 🤪 Being ocd doesn't help 😂 It is nice to know if your getting the bore clean though. It's a hard earned custom and I want to take care of it.

I agree with the comment "it's another tool". I purchased one recently just to inspect the results of my cleaning regimen. My pictures look very similar to yours. I am a bit OCD with cleaning as well. Copper build up is primarily what I was looking for. Ignorance is bliss so they say, but why not have a tool that can show you what is going on inside the barrel.

Recent Posts