Cerakote in bore help.

o2bwest

Just got a rifle back from the cerakoter and there is a little bit of cerakote in the bore at the muzzle. Will this shoot out? I'm sure it is going to affect accuracy until it is all out of there. I'm kinda ****ed. If it is a big deal I'm going to be very ****ed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

o2, my son' 25-06 hag some from the Cerakoting job. It definitely had an effect on the accuracy, but shot out fairly quickly. Our gunsmith friend advised him to use bullets he no longer likes and any pulled bullets along with powders he doesn't use any more. The Cerakote is tough and no one had a better solution. It shoots very well now and looks great. Good luck

I wouldn't let it bother me too much. Cerakote is a great product but metal on metal contact wears it away very quickly.

It should be gone in a dozen rounds or so or at least worn down enough to no longer make any difference in accuracy.

I have shot about 30 rounds through the rifle since the Cerakote issue. The Cerakote shot out quickly and the rifle still shoots as well as it did before I had it coated. I dropped a Jewell in it while I had it apart so now my desert rig is complete.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.